Things are slooow

I was working on the lawnmower and listening to the Cub's game on the radio. Now I'm getting ready to mow the lawn. Exciting stuff!

Working in the yard. First day under a hundred degrees in over a week , though it is smokey from a nearby wildfire so I came inside for a break.

Last edited:
I just got in from working in garages Actually pretty darn hot outside. I did not know the ball games were on. I can't pick up either radio station anyway though. I can only get local Rockford area or WGN. That's it

I just got in from working in garages Actually pretty darn hot outside. I did not know the ball games were on. I can't pick up either radio station anyway though. I can only get local Rockford area or WGN. That's it
Larry, you can't pick up the Cubs on 670 AM? I drove up to MI a couple months ago and could still pick that station up clear as day.

I was out taking a bike ride, it was a beautiful early Fall day here in Eastern PA! The bridge that spans the Delaware river and connects NJ to PA via I-295 has recently been replaced (5 year project), they incorporated a nice safe bike path in the plans. Finally got a chance to check it out. There are canals with towpaths on either side of the river which are great to ride on. I live 4 miles North of the bridge.

My view from the bridge looking North
C5F2E139-B983-487E-BE78-55343715B8DE.png

Last edited:
Been fighting blood sugar crashes all week, apparently, I really do need to adjust how I'm dosing myself.

Went down to the local brewery and chatted with the brewer (one of the owners) for a couple of hours. Talked about plans to pour for them at the Autumn Beer Review, and brought back a couple of Corny kegs to clean for him. They've got a great fully automated 2 station keg washer, but it only works for commercial Sankey kegs. I've got a small keg washer set up for Cornies, washing his 2 will take me about an extra 20 minutes, and nearly all of that is unattended.

Apparently not a good one :confused:
I liked it :D
No, I cannot get Cubs radio AM670 or Sox radio AM1000 (former WCFL) in my house. Not a single radio will do so. I can't even get AM890 in the house (WLS the so called Big 89) on any household radio. Only in the car. The only Chicago AM station I can receive in my home is WGN AM720

We had a bat fly around our bedroom last night right.
I thought it was a large moth at first.
I got a broom and herded it out unharmed and safe.

We have been keeping the doors open for puppy potty training.
I guess open door for puppy is open doors for bats.

Told the wife I felt fine but let me know if I start growing fangs :).

Back