Thick Cut USDA Prime Filet Mignon

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Normally, filet mignon isn't my first choice when it comes to steak, but when I saw these in the butcher shop, the thickness and marbling were too good for me to pass up.

Some pics of the uncooked filets. Very nice steaks to begin with...my job was simply to not mess them up.

The steaks were dry-brined with kosher salt and allowed to sit overnight in the refrigerator uncovered. Since the garlic/pepper rub I was using was pretty strongly flavored, I seasoned only the top and bottom of each filet, not wanting to overpower the more delicate flavor of beef tenderloin. The steaks were grilled with some sweet red peppers I got from the farmer's market.

Action shots. Reverse seared until the steaks reached an internal temperature of 135°F.

Here are the plated photos. The seared crust had good flavor, and the meat was tender enough to cut with a butter knife. Definitely some of the best quality filet mignon I've had in a while. Thanks for viewing the photos!

I didn't think provocative photos were allowed on TVWBB?

That last pic says it all. Bang On J!!

Holy smokes that looks unbelievable. I wish I could buy meat like that in Albuquerque. I may have to order it I guess.

I wish I could buy meat like that in Redmond, No, wait!! I wish I could afford meat like that in Redmond!! Beautiful pictures of real eating pleasur. Good job!

The biggest problem with the pictures is....I was not able to be there to sample the product!
Perfectly done, beautifully documented!

Food looks wonderful and pics are outstanding. As others have stated I wish I could afford meat like that more often. Want some of that.

I bought some Choice filet mignons at Costco the other day and yours puts them to shame!
Grilled to perfection!!

Like you, not my favorite steak, but top of the list for my wife.

WOW!!! Jerome those look fantastic. I love Filet's and those are done perfect. Outstanding pics and I agree with the rest, I wish I could have been there to sample some.

Oh, my! I would drive to Southern New Hampshire for those! Perfect treatment for some gorgeous looking filets, Jerome!

Rich

Just have to agree with the others. Not a filet guy, but the marbling and how you grilled them looks fantastic.

Back