ThermoPro TP-19H On Sale for $13.59 with 20% Off

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
ThermoPro has a great deal on the basic, but very good, TP-19H with a 20% off special on Amazon:

If you are expecting Thermoworks Thermapen One speed and "feel", you probably will be a lttle disappointed. But if you want a solid, easy to use instant read with a decent display for a fraction of the cost of the top drawer offerings, this is one unit that is hard to beat. It isn't submersible, but it CAN be cleaned under running water. It really is all that most any backyard bbqer would need. Mine has been absconded by my wife as our kitchen thermometer. Every time I use it there I am reminded of just how good it is. Now less than 14 bucks!

ThermoPro has a great deal on the basic, but very good, TP-19H with a 20% off special on Amazon:

If you are expecting Thermoworks Thermapen One speed and "feel", you probably will be a lttle disappointed. But if you want a solid, easy to use instant read with a decent display for a fraction of the cost of the top drawer offerings, this is one unit that is hard to beat. It isn't submersible, but it CAN be cleaned under running water. It really is all that most any backyard bbqer would need. Mine has been absconded by my wife as our kitchen thermometer. Every time I use it there I am reminded of just how good it is. Now less than 14 bucks!
I have 2 of the ThermoWorks Thermapen Classics and the ThermoPro is my go-to. The TWC is not magnetic (won't stick to the fridge, toaster oven or microwave) and not backlit and because of the low price the TP makes a great gift.

+1 for the ThermoPro.

The other thing is that the TWC uses a less common (less common than AAA, IOW) coin cell battery, the TP-19H uses a more common single AAA battery, a huge plus IMO.

+2 for TP

I have had the TP19H for well over a year now and really like it. I also just came into possession of the new Thermoworks ONE. It is now the one that I use on a regular basis. It is FAST to show the temp. The overall feel of it exudes quality. I think it is superior to the TP19H. However, a couple things that I don't like about it is that it doesn't have the magnets to stick to the side of the fridge like my TP19H. It is something that usually going to be stored in a drawer with all the other kitchen gadgets. I also agree the more common battery on the TP19H is a plus, but really, how many times do you have to change them out?
I definitely think the Thermopen ONE is the better unit over all, but price for me will have me buying seven TP19H thermometers to the single Thermopen ONE. Thermopen ONE wins on a quality, but ThermoPro TP19H wins on value by a good distance.
Commercial users, competition users and rich people may have a different take.

Back