ThermoPro Lightning for $33

KInda weird. has a get it now on Amazon but there it's $48. Must be missing something. I really like mine so far. Thinking about a second one. I keep my TP19 on the pellet grill, the Lightning in the kitchen. Need one now on the deck LOL

The link I provided is to the web page showing the price of $33. It happened to me last time where the discount didn't show up on amazon. I called them and they were prompt and fixed it so I did get the discount as advertised. If you want one and don't see the correct price, call them.

Nice score Fletch, I like mine but I am keeping an eye out for a great deal on a thermapen one. I just seem to like that more.

I did need a thermometer for work to test some water temps on eye washes and brought a TP19H we got for like $10, it worked really well.

Yah, but that LED is really nice at night and it rotates too. And seriously, at 1/3 the price, is that not enough discount to risk developing a couple blisters? :) I have both, by the way.

I would prefer the smooth, rounded casing of the Thermapen.
I received an email for a $
Yah, but that LED is really nice at night and it rotates too. And seriously, at 1/3 the price, is that not enough discount to risk developing a couple blisters? :) I have both, by the way.
I found I just trust the Thermapen One more, seems quicker and steadier. Probably my imagination.
Also I got an offer for $69 on the Thermapen one and paid $35 for the Lightning, for those numbers I am more than ok, next time I see the $69 offer I’m on it.

I got the $28 deal, too. Thankfully I had Discover points, so the final cost was $-0-. It will be a Christmas present for my nephew.

Bruno,
Like Bruce, I have a Thermapen One (BBQ Relief edition) and a ThermoPro Lightning. I hope to do my first YouTube video this summer (hah!), and comparing these is what I want to try to record. I plan to come at it from a different angle, not replicating the simultaneous plunges in ice water and some other stuff that has already been well covered but instead focusing on the "look and feel" that you were mentioning.

From all I see, both units register virutally at the same very quick speed. To me, the Thermapen One feels sleek and solid. In car terms, I think of it as a Mercedes coupe. The Lightning feels, to me, more like it is ready for a workout with a rough and ready attitude. In car terms, I see it as a Land Rover. I like and use both of these thermometers, and I think which one a person might prefer may parallel which vehicle that person would choose among my analogies :coolkettle: .

In lower light, the Lightning is a lot easier on the eyes. In bright sunlight, the One is easier to read.

Back