THERMOMETER HOLDER FOR WSM MOD

Duc

Hey everyone, wondering if anyone has mod suggestions for something to mount my FIREBOARD 2 Thermometer unit on my WSM? Mod or if you know a company that sells something to hold it. Thanks!

There's this commercial product.

This idea did cross my mind, however that would require me to handle two covers - one for the WSM and another for the gaser. Ugggh. The struggle is real. :ROFLMAO:
Ha! I have been using my Summit as shelves for my Performer and/or WSM. Also to clean the grates and to store my chimney under along with an ash pail.

Reactions: Duc
Hey everyone, wondering if anyone has mod suggestions for something to mount my FIREBOARD 2 Thermometer unit on my WSM? Mod or if you know a company that sells something to hold it. Thanks!
Just be careful how close it is to the heat, the bbq hanger will be too close for most of these high end units. ThermoWorks says 120 deg max

I am not counting on you to like my method, lol, but because of precipitation and a Husky pup I do this: 1) place my Fireboard in a small Dollar General container with a snap-on lid 2) invert a [5 gallon] bucket on the ground 3) place the FB container on the inverted bucket 4) place another inverted bucket over those.

As I read what I wrote it sounds ridiculous but it has worked and I have peace of mind, lol. This pup has collected some odd trophies for himself but so far my outdoor cooking utensils have remained safe.

Oh, I like this setup, which handles are you using? I was thinking of something similar with utilizing the handles
The inexpensive garage door ones, I painted the ends. they work great had to drill holes but now I can set the temp holder in there an a bonus if I need to pull the top section and get at the coals the Handles stay reasonably cool.

5F1EDB65-4D1D-400A-915B-505B3CFB1DB8.jpeg

So far I've parked my old MT next to my WSM and used the lid. I did a hinge mod on the WSM so i don't have to worry about that going anywhere.

update: that said I too pulled a trigger on a fireboard 2 with pit viper fan. the party q is great but my inkbird bluetooth thermometer, not so much. Looking forward to using a single unit synced to the cloud to monitor my temps remotely. I too will be looking up solutions. I didnt want to spend the $25 on what to me looks like a sub par mount so i'll see if i can come up with something better for hopefully around $15.

Last edited:
well i'm out lol. Turns out their cyber monday deal includes a free magnetic mount and their service team, becaues my order was placed last night, was willing to let me in on the action. so i'm just going that route for now.

well i'm out lol. Turns out their cyber monday deal includes a free magnetic mount and their service team, becaues my order was placed last night, was willing to let me in on the action. so i'm just going that route for now.
Nice, can't wait to see what it looks like!

Back