Thermocouple not Matching the temps on ThermoWorks

Alex_Seed

TVWBB Member
I am having problems getting the Thermocouple match the temps given by the thermistor probes.

I tested the Thermoworks probes in boiling water and ice water and they seemed pretty accurate. But the thermocouple readings are off, I cannot easily take the TC out to test in BW and IW so I matched the temp to the thermistor probes using the mv/C but I can get those to match at low temp by the time the pit gets up to 200F as read on the thermoworks, the thermocouple reading is 40F lower.

I have double checked the thermister readings with another BBQ thermometer and I trust those over the TC readings.

How can I set this up so that the TC gives correct readings?

I had a problem with a TC being inaccurate too. Just sent it back to Amazon, got another, problem solved. It wasn't the HeaterMeter, it was a defective TC.

Tom

My question is, did you purchase the correct TC. Did you purchase a "J" type by mistake? Also I have had mixed results with Amazon specials. If i purchase a thermocouple I usually will get one from Thermoworks or make my own since I have made a setup to weld junctions that are reliable and do not fail.

Back