The Roadside Marathon Continues

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
@Jim Lampe inspired me to cook something I haven't done in a while and it had me questioning why I'd not done this sooner. This is one of the best grilled chicken recipes I've ever made, and it never fails to produce happy, full stomachs that are full of compliments. I did some thighs and some boneless, skinless breasts. Both marinated for 7 or 8 hours, then the bone-in pieces obviously thrown on earlier.

First pic, the thighs a little more than halfway done:

1589763533161.jpeg

Boneless, skinless breasts have been on and all pieces have been basted a few times.

1589763714511.jpeg

Everything off and resting:

1589763816609.jpeg

And here's your plate:

1589764099222.jpeg

I steamed some broccoli and tossed with EVOO and some 'Todd's Dirt' seasoning.
Also did some parmesan potatoes, which I highly recommend. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/233393/oven-roasted-parmesan-potatoes/

Hope you're all healthy, happy and grilling frequently.

You guys and your Roadside Chicken are making me feel guilty that I've never cooked that one (or pepper stout beef!) I know, I know, Chris is going to revoke my membership..... :(

Looks great, Jim! I'll get to it.......one of these days! :)

R

Oh, man, Jim! I'd probably polish off at least TWO thighs...or one thigh and one breast. Either way, it looks super delish with the taters and broccoli.

Cheers!

VeryCool Jim! I LIKE it A LOT!

...friends, somewhere in out there is a little Weber grill calling out to you for some Roadside Chicken...
and the only reason I'm telling you this now is cause you may know somebody with a Weber grill in a similar
situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into
the store wherever you are, just walk in say "Store, I need some poultry to grill up some ROADSIDE CHICKEN".
And walk out.
You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really cool and
sell him some awesome yardbird. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both fanatics and they'll sell to both of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
to a store for chicken to grill ROADSIDE and walking out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said 50 people a day walking in
to pick-up a bunch of fowl for grilling ROADSIDE and walking out??!
And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
And that's what it is, the GRILLED ROADSIDE CHICKEN Movement, and
all you got to do to join is grill it the next time dinner come's around on the this planet Earth.
With feeling.

You guys and your Roadside Chicken are making me feel guilty that I've never cooked that one (or pepper stout beef!)
R
Shake a stick, Rich! :p

...friends, somewhere in out there is a little Weber grill calling out to you for some Roadside Chicken...
and the only reason I'm telling you this now is cause you may know somebody with a Weber grill in a similar
situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into
the store wherever you are, just walk in say "Store, I need some poultry to grill up some ROADSIDE CHICKEN".
And walk out.
You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really cool and
sell him some awesome yardbird. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
to a store for chicken to grill ROADSIDE and walking out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said 50 people a day walking in
all you got to do to join is grill it the next time dinner come's around on the this planet Earth.
With feeling.

Just to show Jim how dedicated I'm to making many more Roadside Chickens. I have this on my desk to reminded me daily about the wonderful recipe that Roadside Chicken is.

100_5854 (1).JPG

And walk out.
With feeling.

Careful, Jim. You might cause a run on chicken at the store, creating shortages for the rest of us. Oh wait, maybe that's what happened. :p

On March 14th, the first cook on my newly restored Genesis 1000 was rotisserie roadside chicken with drip pan potatoes.
79F81633-D8A2-41F0-B388-45A4948F0D5C.jpeg
FA532F51-B78A-4814-9C03-237CDBB7A3AF.jpeg
Somehow, it was the first time I ever made it; a sin that will, no doubt, have me spending an extended time in Purgatory. I may have to frame the recipe like Rich did.

And walk out.
With feeling.

Now, that’s a real broadcast worthy PSA! Well conceived, well written, and I can just hear the voice of Sam Elliot or the late James Garner “selling it”!

So I wrote down the recipe for the leg quarters I'm grilling today (first RSC-style chicken ever), and immediately screwed it up by putting in tablespoons of garlic and onion powders instead of teaspoons (basically tripling the alliums). The results may be interesting.;)

So I wrote down the recipe for the leg quarters I'm grilling today (first RSC-style chicken ever), and immediately screwed it up by putting in tablespoons of garlic and onion powders instead of teaspoons (basically tripling the alliums). The results may be interesting.;)

No problem. I usually just eyeball the ingredients and it always comes out awsome.
Tim

A few weeks back I copied the recipe and took my first shot at RSC. Unfortunately I somehow managed to mess things up and I used tablespoons instead of teaspoons of the alliums, and left out the Worcestershire sauce altogether.🤪 The chicken turned out OK but I definitely need to do it the right way next time!

RoadsideChickenTVWBB20200524_1.jpg

RoadsideChickenTVWBB20200524_2.jpg

Back