The one that got away...

M Craw

TVWBB Super Fan
So I've been looking for a 22" replacement for my old (but free) kettle so I saved the search word "Weber" on Craigslist and I get an email of every add that has the word "weber" in it. I've been wanting a colored one... blue, green, and preferable red. Well Saturday morning I woke up late (too much fun on the boat the day before) and there she was, my "red" (white) whale... a red stamped "limited edition" red kettle! Used only for one season! And only for $40! It looked immaculate! I immediately emailed the dude only to get a reply back saying "sold." Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... 😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬😭😭😭

Still nearly three days later, I'm still sad about it. This is going to be a long week. 😔

Probably a blessing. I've read there were a lot of issues with the porcelain on the LE kettles.

Do not be down about it. Like my father in-law (who is also from Iowa) says about girlfriends and greyhound buses...another one will be along time in 15 minutes...lol!

Well Saturday morning I woke up late (too much fun on the boat the day before) and there she was, my "red" (white) whale... a red stamped "limited edition" red kettle! Used only for one season! And only for $40! It looked immaculate! I immediately emailed the dude only to get a reply back saying "sold." Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... 😭😭😭🤬🤬🤬😭😭😭

Still nearly three days later, I'm still sad about it. This is going to be a long week. 😔

The post you don't want to see in "Introduce Yourself": "Hi, my name is Bob from Des Moines and last weekend I scored a red limited edition for $40..."😈 ;)

Probably a blessing. I've read there were a lot of issues with the porcelain on the LE kettles.
Yeah? Well maybe you're right then. Although my current kettle is almost litterally on its last leg.

She was a pretty lil' thing though (that red one). 😔

Keep searching. Another one will pop up. The $40 LE would be a difficult grab because the parts alone are worth more than that. It probably had a buyer within minutes of listing. Unfortunately it is hard enough competing with all the other kettle heads, but when they go for rock bottom prices you throw in every other casual buyer/reseller into the mix as well. Sometimes missing out on things is a blessing in disguise. I missed out on a really nice 26er a few weeks before the Glen Blue 26er dropped. Had I bought it the wife would have been even less pleased with the Glen Blue purchase. :p

Back