The American BBQ Showdown

Watch this series to see Sylvie Curry, she's competes as Lady of Q out here on the West Coast and rocks almost every competition she enters. Also a board member of the California BBQ Association. Also includes a WSM in her arsenal of cookers.

I'm watching the first episode now. Man, a few of these contestants don't seem to be vetted very well. The "southern belle" seems to be a complete hot mess. And Shotgun.... Is definitely interesting. Lol

They were touting these contestants as "the best." So far some of them are making me feel good about my skills. Lol

I'm watching the first episode now. Man, a few of these contestants don't seem to be vetted very well. The "southern belle" seems to be a complete hot mess. And Shotgun.... Is definitely interesting. Lol

They were touting these contestants as "the best." So far some of them are making me feel good about my skills. Lol

Could not agree more. Watched the first couple of episodes and it reminds me of the first few seasons of Top Chef where they clearly had some contestants who were just not up to par. Seems to be a fun show to watch but I do hope it gets a little more interesting in what/how they have to prepare.

I had hopes for this show, but they did like so many others and threw in gimmicks like cooking iguana and beaver tail. Most of the contestants seemed likable enough, but I didn’t buy some of the high praise for items that looked subpar, like brisket that had no bark because they put it on so late that it had to wrapped and cranked almost the whole way.

You may need to adjust the brightness setting on your TV. Melissa Cookston’s teeth are bleached so white they can damage the eyes of younger viewers.

Back