Tenderloining into the weekend

Nice plate of food.

I sent you a friend request so I can be included next time.:p

I finally placed my Fruita Wood order was a result of this amazing cook. Peach and Pecan, I am so excited! That is how good this cook looked! I really want to get some pork tenderloin for my new Rotisserie.

Michael, I’m sure you have an idea how you want to do twirling tenderloins but, I don’t see a big advantage over basic indirect, any insight you might share?
Tenderloins cook pretty quickly, getting them trussed to the spit then spun, cooked and sliced should go pretty quickly. I’m interested in how you make this work. Share when it comes together.

Last edited:
I agree, I don't see any advantage especially if they are pretty thick, I would brine it & smoke it, char it at when the internal temp is about 130 degrees.

Michael, I’m sure you have an idea how you want to do twirling tenderloins but, I don’t see a big advantage over basic indirect, any insight you might share?
Tenderloins cook pretty quickly, getting them trussed to the spit then spun, cooked and sliced should go pretty quickly. I’m interested in how you make this work. Share when it comes together.
I was thinking to get two, places then in my new Rotisserie basket let them spin a while and then finish with a quick sear. Maybe I am over thinking it or just wanting to play with the Rotisserie when it is not needed. My simple/limited experience with the Rotisserie is that it helps keep everything super juicy, which is the a major goal when I cook pork for the picky family.

Michael, I’d would be more inclined to use a loin roast(often on sale for $1.49/lb.) for the “picky” much more forgiving than tenderloins where the shape leaves a “small” end which can become a spearhead! The symmetry of a loin makes spinning those easy as falling off a log!

Richard,
I used my peach wood for the first time tonight. The smell of the wood was so peachy I was worried about how it smoke, but man did I love how it smoked. I am excited to use it again.
I just got my order in from Furtado farms, 5 bags of smoking wood @ 13.2 pounds each.
I went on the edge and ordered 2 of them in peach with high hopes.
can't wait to give it a go, I have 2 small pork roasts in the freezer, looks like one will be sacrificed to the bbq gods sooner than later.
I wonder what else would be a good fit for the peach, meat wise......
Or mixing with peach maybe a good idea, I also have apple, cherry and saving my hickory for beef cooks.

I tried the pecan wood from Fruita Wood tonight with a little piece in each of the Weber Charcoal baskets with four chicken breast seasoned for Quesadillas and WOW! Pecan wood is my favorite I have been able to find it local twice, but not on a constant bases. It is the only wood I am willing to buy in bags. So tonight I was extremely excited to try Fruita's Pecan wood. The smell of the wood itself was so rich and so much stornger then any other pecan wood I have ever used. Then on the kettle it smelled so good. The Chicken took 20 to 30 minutes. When I took the chicken off for the rest, the smell of the smoke flavor was so strong it filled the kitchen. My wife came up from her down stairs office and said what is that great smell? When I served dinner after their first bit all three kids knew something was different.
I do the same set up with non-fruita pecan wood, but I have never I mean never got near as strong a smoke flavor from a short cook.

The Fruita Wood is real deal, I am overly impressed!!! Comparing the Peach and Pecan, the peach is so much milder. They are both pretty amazing. I can't wait for longer cooks to try a mix on a pork shoulder, or some pecan on a Tri tip.

Excellent. Actually I tried my first hunk of wood last night too. I had a Picahna roast all set up and ready to offset cook.
I used 1 hunk of hickory, let it flame up nice and cook down a bit before I added my meat to the grill.
Run a lid temp of about 350 on the cook and I could 100% smell the hickory and the cook itself was very delicious.
The MRS says it has the perfect amount of smoke on it, she usually want zero smoke on everything.
I have some pics I could share, slices of the meat pulled apart with a fork and butter knife.
So far so good, a few more to try out here soon. I also carry a bag of Pecan ( weber brand ) and a bag of Alder on hand too.
I haven't really used a bad wood yet, but these new wood pieces sure are good so far.
The selection is great at my place, Hickory, Cherry, Apple, Peach, Pecan and Alder.....Sure there is more but you can't have everything.

Back