Tatonka Dust Pork Rib Roast on the Roti

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Happy New Year from rainy SE Georgia!

I picked up a 6 bone pork rib roast a few days ago. I marinated it for about 6 hours today in
Stubbs Pork marinade. I took it out of the marinade and dried it off with a paper towel. I used
butcher twine between each bone to help it hold together a little tighter while on the spinner.
I seasoned it liberally with Tatonka Dust.

Put onto the Weber Performer using KBB and a chunk of hickory. I have the rotisserie mounted
on my Cajun Bandit ring. Performer is preheated to 350 degrees.

Here it is after 45 minutes and at an internal temp of 150.

Plated with broccoli and a “microwaveable” sweet potato that I saw yesterday in the Produce
section of our commissary.

These chops were extremely juicy, tender and very flavorful. The Tatonka Dust definitely added
another layer of flavor. The sweet potato was actually really good. I had my doubts since I normally
like to either roast or grill my sweet potatoes, but even my picky wife like them. She can’t stand yams
and was afraid that was what they would taste like.

Thanks for looking!

Mr. Coffman your rib roast looks delicious. Since Santa didn't bring me one I'm gong to have to save my pennies and get one. :)

I'm late to this show, but what a show it was!
Cook and pics are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Mike!

WOW, that roast looks just amazing!! Should have my roti for this weekend. The bar is set pretty high after this cook!!

Your roast looks superb. I love the color you got on that. Nice crisp outside, juicy inside. Well done.

Back