Target Pre-Labor Day Mark Downs

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
After "pancake Saturday" with the grandsons, we go to Target to watch the boys while mom shops.
This is the time of year that they discount all of the summer stuff so they don't have to send it back or warehouse it for the next 8 months.
Last week I got a Weber chimney for $8.50 and I got a spare 18" cooking grate for $12 today!

I didn't see much of this last year with the lock downs. It would be nice to see them and other stores start this annual event back up again.

We don't usually get the Target discounts here in Oklahoma because we are considered a "year round" grilling market.

Last year in Pennsylvania I was able to get a good quantity of Weber starter cube for a buck a box. Just ran out last month. Again Last year, they also had KBB disconnected to like 5 bucks for a twin 16 lb pack, but I do not use KBB so I didn't pick any up.

I will start looking at my local Target to see.

I cleaned up on Weber kettle grates, tank covers, and some other bbq stuff a few years ago - in Florida’s year round grilling climate no less. But the next year was pretty thin; I think they greatly reduced their offerings even at regular prices. Last year I didn’t go. There are no Targets near me in my new Indiana locale, but maybe they are carrying more grill stuff up here.

I have never found much when I checked. Closest Target is about 50 miles so I don't get there often. Usually, if they do have mark downs, they are very picked over when I get there.

I think some of the local HW stores, Ace and True Value stores have similar mark downs in the fall as well.

Last fall (later fall), Home Depot had crazy mark downs on Silver B burners and those SS GBS grates for Silver B and Genesis 1000 grills.

The only time I go to Target is when the wife drags me there. Now maybe I will go a little more willingly. :LOL:

I have never found much when I checked. Closest Target is about 50 miles so I don't get there often. Usually, if they do have mark downs, they are very picked over when I get there.

I think some of the local HW stores, Ace and True Value stores have similar mark downs in the fall as well.

Last fall (later fall), Home Depot had crazy mark downs on Silver B burners and those SS GBS grates for Silver B and Genesis 1000 grills.
I don't go to Target often for the same reason. By the time I do go, the mark downs are picked over to the point that there's next to nothing left.

I grabbed some stuff two years ago during the Target clearance. Aluminum drip trays, grill brushes, and other small items.

Just like home dep, these stores have learned not to carry too much weber. The availability is slim now. And end of season is slim pickins.

Charcoal sales for Labor Day -
Meijer ( midwest chain) has kingsford blue two 20# for 16.89 as of this Sunday.
Guess the days of 9.99 are gone forever.

Thanks Bill, like I said, I didn’t even think to look. I’ve been using competition from Costco, nicer burn, less ash. Pretty good product and I hope to stock up on some with the next “deal”.
I received the Sept Costco sales flier last week and K-Pro isn't listed in there at all. Costco may have it on sale over the Labor Day Holiday Weekend, though. Guess we'll know for sure by next Thurs or Fri.

Back