Tacos šŸŒ® šŸŒ® šŸŒ® carne asada and pollo asado!

Stellar cook Brett! I have some Al Pastor tacos I am going for this weekend and next week is another steak and chicken tacos. I hope all of my food looks as good as yours. That rice puts it all over the top for me.

Stellar cook Brett! I have some Al Pastor tacos I am going for this weekend and next week is another steak and chicken tacos. I hope all of my food looks as good as yours. That rice puts it all over the top for me.
Iā€™m betting youā€™re spinning that pork. Your food always looks great! Iā€™ll make a mini burrito for lunch with that rice today. Love the cooked jalapeƱos and sautĆ©ed onions in it. Slightly sweet flavor, especially with the corn niblets.

Iā€™m betting youā€™re spinning that pork. Your food always looks great! Iā€™ll make a mini burrito for lunch with that rice today. Love the cooked jalapeƱos and sautĆ©ed onions in it. Slightly sweet flavor, especially with the corn niblets.
I spin my first attempt at Al Pastor, I am going to go a different route this time. I am going to use this recipe as a loose guide to the ingredients and methods, just take it to the grill. So prep tomorrow, on the grill Sunday and then sliced and crisped up on Monday.

I spin my first attempt at Al Pastor, I am going to go a different route this time. I am going to use this recipe as a loose guide to the ingredients and methods, just take it to the grill. So prep tomorrow, on the grill Sunday and then sliced and crisped up on Monday.
Thatā€™s a marathon recipe cook. Iā€™d sear the marinated slices, then go indirect till 145Ā° or so and then pull the pork, fridge it and then slice it next day and do the CI then for crisping. The lower pull temp off the grill will keep the pork juicy and that juice will render and concentrate in the CI.

Looking forward to your pics. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do it justice.

Iā€™d sear the marinated slices, then go indirect till 145Ā° or so and then pull the pork, fridge it and then slice it next day and do the CI then for crisping. The lower pull temp off the grill will keep the pork juicy and that juice will render and concentrate in the CI.
Brett,
Your comment got me thinking so much it lead to this...

I agree.......Brett makes tons of food every cook he has that E6 as a must have.....
I love the effort, that homemade salsa looks great, I love it but generally I donā€™t do as much work as you fellaā€™s.
Look great man, I make fairly tasty Latin inspired meals but you and Michael go over the top.

Brett, that is an outstanding spread!!! I would demolish that rice. Nicely done.
thanks! nothing like good tacos for dinner, and very strong margs (which i didn't show). strawberry pineapple margs. i drank mine in a 20 oz insulated cup; hahahahaha.

i've posted the marinade before. it's easy and worth making.

Last edited:
I agree.......Brett makes tons of food every cook he has that E6 as a must have.....
I love the effort, that homemade salsa looks great, I love it but generally I donā€™t do as much work as you fellaā€™s.
Look great man, I make fairly tasty Latin inspired meals but you and Michael go over the top.
cooking 3-4x a week, gotta make the cooks larger for leftovers. feeding 4-6 people, depending which kid and kid's friends are stopping in.

the salsa is ridiculously simple. thank god for my Blendtec blender. pulse through ripe tomatoes, salt, water, jalapenos, chili de arbol dust, then pulse in some white onion and cilantro and lime juice at the end. done.

i just do. it's either make it at home or pay the eating out tax. either way i pay. just prefer to enjoy an adult beverage on my patio and cook some good food. the simple life. it's the good life.

Looks fantastic, Brett! I am wondering, though, why you put okra in your rice!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
We should do this okra eating contest. Unfortunately, these ā€œokrasā€ arenā€™t that hit of late. Someone has jacked up the breed.

Back