Surf n Turf HNY 🍾🎉🎊🔥

Living in iowa I routinely have steaks and chops but always wish I had access to great looking sea food like you prepared. It makes me dream of heading to the coast. You definitely have my mouth watering.

Living in iowa I routinely have steaks and chops but always wish I had access to great looking sea food like you prepared. It makes me dream of heading to the coast. You definitely have my mouth watering.
Thanks, Mike. You should already have access to all I just cooked. The shrimps are Costco frozen 31-40’s, a 2# bag. I pulled out 24 of the once water bath thawed and skewered them for the grill (all were slightly butterflied once thawed) and the rest went into a boiled brine to poach for shrimp cocktail. The scallops are also Costco finest, in the frozen section and thawed prior to cooking. And the lone lobster tail was local Winco, also frozen and fridge thawed overnight prior to cook. I was the only one eating lobster last night so I saved by not buying the Costco 6-8 pack for $45.

Pretty much all shellfish comes frozen to the states. Unless you’re in a fishing town and then you’ll get the daily catches.

You can easily do this at home. Go for it and thanks for your vote of confidence! It inspires me to produce more cooks! HNY!

Looks amazing! I'm drooling on my keyboard
The entire meal was Costco. I bought the whole NY loin and hand cut my steaks a few short months ago. The Costco butcher priced it at $7.99 a # versus $11.50 for his cut steaks. This way I was able to get that 1.75” steak. The only item that wasn’t Costco was the Chinese eggplant. That was Ranch 99. Go for it! You can easily make this cook. HNY!

that seafood looks amazing! the roads here are a bit dusted with snow but I think I may venture to our local seafood market. need to refill one of my kerosense cans too, sheesh it's cold out there

Back