Super Bowl...Super Butts

CLasko

TVWBB Pro
Making some pulled pork for tomorrow's game

Rubbed with some Famous Dave's and a little Blues Hog.
Untitled by C Lasko, on Flickr

Got half of a small chimney fired up.

WSM is up to temp @ 235, and butts are on. We'll see how they look come the morning.

Any progress reports?? Now you have me wishing I had done some pulled pork today as well...
Keep us posted,
Tim

Woke up at 7:00 am to check the temps, smoker temp with the DigiQ Guru2 was down to 215...had set it at 235. On the chillier side last night and today, but also contending with some pretty windy conditions. The WSM 22 with the controller had used up a mostly full ring to try and maintain that 235. Butts have stalled at 156. Im gonna let them ride for another hour or two, then might kick up controller temp to push them through. I'll be back with pics when I lift the lid!

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day at your place, nice sunrise. That lit charcoal photo is beautiful

And they've been pulled and are wrapped and resting in a cooler for transport to the festivities. Were probing really well, the second one I took off was still a wee bit tight in a small section, but I figure with a 2 hour rest it should loosen up a bit.

The money shots!

Thanks for looking! Go Bears!!!! :D

Amazing!

32731633665_39fd0788e4_c.jpg

Butts look oh so good!
Nice to see some green loo-kin grass this time of the year.:)

Tim

Back