Sunday dinner for three

Gary London

TVWBB Super Fan
Another family member to cook for. It's probably just coincidence they are in but also probably desperate for a decent meal after the usual weekend mayhem.

Costco rump steak.

Hand cut crinkle fries in the the style of McCain. These take so long to prepare with all those wavy cuts.

Spicy baked beans. Started as fired onions, bell peppers, shallots, black pepper and chilli pepper for heat. Then added haricot (navy) beans, passata, stubbs original and a splash of Tabasco.

Used a few remnant Weber briqs from Saturday but mainly used Big K restaurant grade lumpwood. First time in ages but I really like this charcoal. Big dense heavy lumps that burn very hot and very clean. Perfect for steak.

BAEE478E-140C-4C96-B5FC-5237753D0E3E_zpsaolyg8id.jpg

Plated

45E22353-9AE7-46C7-B3F7-04AC92D5C856_zpsfjo3zrru.jpg

I really like the beans. Thrown together on im-pulse they were the highlight.

Last edited:
Looks Wonderful Gary! just a question if I may, where do you get your restaurant grade Big K from? I used to buy it in bulk in a shop in Cheshunt but I'm not going to this neck of the wood any more so not an option from me. Tight now I'm getting by with bags of Big normal Lump & briquettes (the red and the black bags) I get from Waitrose but I'm always on the lookout for good charcoal supply!

Looks Wonderful Gary! just a question if I may, where do you get your restaurant grade Big K from? I used to buy it in bulk in a shop in Cheshunt but I'm not going to this neck of the wood any more so not an option from me. Tight now I'm getting by with bags of Big normal Lump & briquettes (the red and the black bags) I get from Waitrose but I'm always on the lookout for good charcoal supply!

I get it from Ocado - £24.99 for 15kg https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Big-K-Restaurant-Grade-Charcoal/266898011?from=shop&tags=%7C20000%7C21411%7C137850%7C157406%7C157407&parentContainer=%7C21411%7C137850%7C157406%7C157407_LISTVIEW

Gary great looking dinner, but like everyone else those beans are spot on. Awesome job for sure.

Back