Summit Platinum D4 Frame

Patel

Hi Folks,
Need your inputs/Suggestions.
I have Summit Platinum B4 which is beyond repair (Cook box has rusted near burners), but it has a solid stainless steel frame and cart.
I have been thinking of installing Genesis silver cook box, lid and burners with genesis manifold.
Is this possible knowing that summit platinum has front control panel but on the other hand if I were to remove cook box from summit, it gives me room on the right side for manifold assembly.
here is the picture of Summit platinum D6 frame which I found on this forum. summit platinum B4 would be smaller than this.
your thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• D6.png
    D6.png
    1 MB · Views: 35
I think you are going down a huge rabbit hole if you think you are going to stick a Genesis Silver B cook box in there and make it work. I would say that for the average guy, it is not possible to make it work, but then, not everyone is average. Just keep in mind, it isn't going to be a direct swap.

Hi Patel, The width of the frame is OK. The length and height of the frame are not OK. It is not impossible to do but you are looking at 100's of $ in fabrication and materials if you were to do the work in Stainless.

If you have a Genesis Silver C 3 burner grill you could use it as a reference for your modification. A "C" would be best if not a Genesis B

It would be a big grill project in my opinion. Difficult but not impossible

I would try it too. The D4 and Genesis have the same frame depth. So if you run a cross gar at the front and back you might be able to put the firebox in.

Well, dang it. Now I need a D4 Platinum. Why not try to mod a Genesis 1000 cook box into. I got a welder, right?????
LOL.
This is a big rabbit hole. But, I would have to at least take a peek down it if I ever come across a Platinum Summit frame.

Yeah, Bruce, now that you are serious welder maybe you could make that perfect marriage of a Summit Platinum frame and cabinetry with a Genesis all cast aluminum firebox :coolkettle: !

Here is an even older model. I think this was the fist gen Summit if I am not mistaken:
That is a 1st gen Summit 450. Great performing grill. Useless for rotisserie but a helluva nice grill. But again the fire boxes are rust buckets

That is a 1st gen Summit 450. Great performing grill. Useless for rotisserie but a helluva nice grill. But again the fire boxes are rust buckets
Plus I heard that some spare parts are no longer available. This is why I have shied away from these so far.

Sadly, Weber has pretty much abandoned the old Summit grill lineup and there is not enough demand for the aftermarket guys to step in and fill the void on most replacement parts.

Here is an even older model. I think this was the fist gen Summit if I am not mistaken:

For $50 I would gladly take it in and try to figure out a solution for the firebox front. I hope I can get one of those for my "This Old Grill Museum" coming soon, if all goes well, in Quincy, IN.

Back