Summit 470 Knobs needed after Melt from MN Wind and Genesis 5000 Bolt Question

MMaetzold

Two questions:

I was at a friends place Saturday, he was grilling on a SS Summit 470 with a Sear Element (didn't use), very impressive. There was a good wind blowing off the lake and while grilling unattended, the knobs melted off due to some kind of draft action. Does anyone have any suggestions for sourcing? I told him I would ask the VWBB community, didnt' see a lot of sourcing for Summit other than a few stories about how they are difficult to refurb. The unit seemed pretty new. Knobs appeared to be two different sizes and had a red kettle on them. All of them were impacted with exception of side burner. I recall about 6 or 7 knobs, but didn't take a picture. The chicken and potatoes turned out great, and i think he used a pliers for time being. Sourcing? Amazon has 2 or 3 on their site but nothing with model number attached for completness. PS: it's a NG unit. Thanks. I actually did take a picture of the ID, will attach it shortly.

2) I'm getting close to putting together my one good Genesis 5000 series grill after cleaning box, scraping enamel, frame, painting. Is there any assembly directions that might have bolt dimensions for box, other locations? I have all the old ones, and can piece them together after sourcing SS bolts, but wondered if there's a list of what's needed that's published? It's been a few weeks since I started, basically took apart three grills to get all parts needed for the one I'm working on for a Father's Day gift for someone. Thanks.

Mark

I have some Summit knobs, but not sure if they would match the current ones. Can you post some pictures of the knobs?

I will have him take a picture of units and the knobs. Thanks Bruce, it may be a few days as it's his cabin location.

If you confirm the front of the firebox is rusted through, contact Weber. It might still be covered under warranty.

Back