Substitute Weber Covers

Jim O

Not happy with Weber covers. Need info on substitute covers for Weber Performer with folding table and a 22" kettle. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Are you talking about the older Performer with the stainless steel table?

The Weber 7174 is a great cover IMO that fits these grills.

If you don't want a Weber brand, this one is pretty good:

I have both, the non-Weber one does seem to be more heavy duty, but is a little more difficult to take on/off.

Just wanted to follow up with my experiences with the Weber covers.

I have both a newer style lightweight breathable cover (with the storage bag sewn on) and I also have one of the slightly older thicker Weber covers.

Both fit the Performer well, but I have to say the newer style is so much better.
Newer style is SO much more easier to take off the grill and easier to put back on. It also doesn't harden or stiffen like the older style. So it's easier to lay it across a chair or on the deck railing.

The older style hardens up and forms around the grill. I don't like that. It also seems to trap moisture more so than the newer style.

Both still seem to have plenty of life left in them, but if I was buying new again. I'd get the new style.
I'll report back in next year on how they are holding up.

Do a google search for the cover store. I have one from them for my Classic Joe and WSM. Very nice heavy cover for the price. You do have to waterproof them every couple years. Spray scotchguard from HD

Back