Stuffed Chicken Thighs

TanyaO

Chicken thighs with the bone removed. For the filling I used some anaheim peppers and horseradish cheese. Secured the thighs with some grilling bands.

Have the large Vortex set up for searing. First had the chicken to the side cooking indirect and then moved over the Vortex for a sear to crisp up the skin. Bag of frozen mixed veggies on the side cooking indirect while searing the chicken.

Moved chicken to the side to finish cooking and added some Coakley's BBQ sauce.

Plated with some veggies and stuffing.

Inside shot of the stuffed chicken. Crispy skin and juicy meat!!

Those thighs look fantastic. Well done Tanya and welcome to the forum.

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

Last edited:
Looks great....and excuse my ignorance but what is the vortex? Is it that different than putting two of the charcoal racks together??

Looks great....and excuse my ignorance but what is the vortex? Is it that different than putting two of the charcoal racks together??

David, it is similar but has more options than just that. The Vortex is a cone shape that is solid that will give you more control of where you want to direct the heat. Here is a link that describes the 4 different cooking methods with it, as well as a video review that goes into some more detail. http://www.owensbbq.com/vortex.html

Tanya, looked at the link......cool that it has so many different options. . . . . . . thanks for the knowledge bump!!!

Back