Stoker help needed

Jason B Az

I have had my stoker setup for a while on multiple routers without an issue. Last week I went to start a cook and couldn’t connect to stoker. Now when I try to hook it up through LAN and login to the web server to set it back up I can not connect to 192.168.1.22/wifi.html. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

devices
Stoker wifi
Netgear nighthawk router 9700
Windows 10

To try and fix the issue I upgraded from old windows 7 to 10, hard reset my router, and have messed with firewall settings and nothing has allowed me to connect to the web server to set it back up.

Thank you very much for the reply. I did the factory reset on the Stoker and disabled WIFI which allowed me to access the stoker status page. I have reset the WIFI parameters and I was able to access over WIFI for a short period of time and then it no longer connects.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the issue is but if I try to login locally the webserver does not work

IMG_9564.png

but if I access it through public IP with the port I forwarded it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
IMG_9565.jpg

Last edited:
I would just change the http port. Sometimes router management ports are not usable, or it's best just to use a different port so you can still manage the device (I'm sure 80 redirects to 443).

But to change the Stoker HTTP port, access that command from the front menu display under Network > HTTP Port

make it something like 8080 and foward that... then use :8080 at the end of your URL to access it from outside the network.

page 24

hth!

@Jason B Az do you have a stoker wifi or a Stoker II?

My stoker wifi had the same issue and the firmware upgrade helped immensely with random wifi disconnects

I, however, have NO IDEA how you would go about getting the firmware files now....or even how to tell if you are on the most up to date firmware

@BrentM after resetting everything it was the simplest solution that was the cause of the issue. The app I was using was the pit pal and the cloud service feature no longer works and it looks like the developer is no longer updating. I have an iPhone so the ability to get real-time alerts through my phone was a great feature that I am going to miss.

Also I have to say that I am extremely impressed with all the work you have done to resurrect the stoker! Between you coming up with replacement probes and fan solutions and possibly @Amir G - Amir Mortal update stoker log or dare I say make an iPhone app the stoker could would be unstoppable once again.

@Wm Hipple I’m pretty sure I’m on the old firmware on my Stoker WiFi (model 1) and I would be a little worried to update it and brick it!

That's too bad about Pit Pal. I should contact the developer.

Also, I'd picked up a Stoker Wifi (model 1) and played around with firmwares. I was able to flash an older non-wifi firmware (white box) to it, and it runs quite a bit faster than it does once the wifi code was added. Something to think about if you have an ethernet cable near your barbecue. The two platforms (Stoker I and Stoker II) are different enough that they won't accept an incorrect firmware. Stoker I is basically a Dallas "TINI" platform that runs java vm, and Stoker II is running OpenWRT.

iPhone and alerts are something I never got working. I think Apple prevents background network activity after some time, so getting alerts means changing your screen lock settings, etc.... I never got twitter to work either tbh.

Last edited:

Back