Stok CI Grates

Tom S

TVWBB Fan
Okay, so I have been wanting to get some cast iron grates and saw where a lot of guys are using the Stok grates with insert from Home Depot. While searching for other things on the ShopGoodwill.com site I found this brand new never been used grill for $24.00:

9827964735_5d56528179.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And here inside are my new CI grill and the tool for removing the insert:

stok grill inside by tspindle, on Flickr

I am picking it up tomorrow and will post a review of the grates after I have used them a few times.

There will be a Stok grill with a regular Weber grate on Craigslist for sale in the very near future!

It might be interesting to cook on the Stok grill, and keep it just for some variety.

I thought about keeping it and trying it out for a while, but I told the wife, (swmbo) that it would "pay for itself" when I sold it on craigslist! My grill hobby never takes any money out of the household budget for equipment, just supplies. Keeps her happy, and a Happy wife means a happy life!

My first Charcoal grill was a Stok. I really liked it, overall it is a good grill. Over a couple of years, my wife bought me most of the inserts they make. I just picked up my first Weber, a Performer, and was kind of sad to think that all the inserts my wife has bought me would go to waste. But then I put the cast iron grate in my Performer and it was a perfect fit! So I get to keep the best part of the Stok, while upgrading my grill to a weber and keeing the wife happy that all the inserts she bought me will still get used. Win Win......Win.

My first Charcoal grill was a Stok. I really liked it, overall it is a good grill. Over a couple of years, my wife bought me most of the inserts they make. I just picked up my first Weber, a Performer, and was kind of sad to think that all the inserts my wife has bought me would go to waste. But then I put the cast iron grate in my Performer and it was a perfect fit! So I get to keep the best part of the Stok, while upgrading my grill to a weber and keeing the wife happy that all the inserts she bought me will still get used. Win Win......Win.

Nice hope to see some photos of them in use.:)

Bought a Stok cast iron grate off craigslist for $10 just because it was there. Dropped the center section and it cracked (dumb***). Still works, but I would really like some heavy duty grates. It's just that my barbecue budget is limited and there are higher priority things to be had. Wish I was rich. The Stok grate works pretty well though.

Well, I have had this for a while and have had a few cooks on it. Like the even heat distribution that I get, and love the "real" grill marks.

Back