Stir fry on the Blackstone

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
The rain came and the smoke cleared! Still can’t use charcoal. Probably won’t be able too until mid October. Too celebrate we fired up the Blackstone and made shrimp fried rice, spicy vegetables and garlic beef. As much as I like using my Discada for stir fry the Blackstone is so simple to set up that it’s become my stir fry go to.
504606F2-2C20-4117-9EAE-27AEC4CF09CF.jpeg

1A1A4888-BF09-407F-BC39-51E68D8515F0.jpeg
03EAEA61-FAAF-4A1C-9629-84CD63F84DFF.jpeg

598C379A-7EE9-4C6B-8FB4-C8D57DFF714D.jpeg

A65341BD-2A5A-4A0F-A15D-28C425DA98A2.jpeg

Glad to hear about the rain & smoke clearing! That stir fry looks awesome! I've never attempted fried rice but it's on my list. I will probably cook it inside later this fall when the weather cools down a bit more.

Glad to hear about the rain & smoke clearing! That stir fry looks awesome! I've never attempted fried rice but it's on my list. I will probably cook it inside later this fall when the weather cools down a bit more.
Thank you! We do fried rice several times a month. Best tip I can give is make your rice the day before. Once cooked rinse it really well. Then place on a baking sheet and place in the fridge uncovered until you’re ready to cook it. Removes the excess starches and dries the rice out. For brown rice we’ve found that Mahatma brand works best. For white rice I like Royal Basmati.

What is the advantage of a whole other grill, a Blackstone, as opposed to buying a flat-top to put on a grill? Probably the same as buying a WSM as opposed to simply using a kettle? They are intriguing... 🤔

Looks Great Case, thanks for the day before rice cook idea and brown and white rice picks..

What is the advantage of a whole other grill, a Blackstone, as opposed to buying a flat-top to put on a grill? Probably the same as buying a WSM as opposed to simply using a kettle? They are intriguing... 🤔
For me it comes down t obeing able to adjust the heat where I want it. My big gas BBQ bit the dust and I haven't wanted to replace it. On that grill controlling temp was great. I have cooked over charcoal but again controlling temps can be finicky. plus right now charcoal is not allowed. Wit hthe Blackstone I can cook a burger or a dog, breakfast, stir fry, even make english muffins or pita bread which I have done the last couple of weeks.

Looks great Case, but what is this thing you call rain. We have heard of such a thing here but I don't remember seeing it happen in a very long time.

Looks great!

Thank you. Drying out the rice and removing the starch helps al ot with fried rice.

It took me a few tries to realize I need to use day old rice to make it any good. I've not dried it out as much as you describe...yet. Time to experiment some more.

Looks great Case, but what is this thing you call rain. We have heard of such a thing here but I don't remember seeing it happen in a very long time.
We hadn't seen rain in a while either! Wish we'd gotten more.

I'm looking at a flat top grill now. I like the Camp Chef models but I do wish they made a table top version of their bigger units without legs. I ditched my old genesis with the rusted frame and now rely on my charcoal weber kettles, WSM and my Q. Not considering a pellet cooker. I'm intrigues by a new methods. Smash burgers, steak and cheese, sausage O&Ps, pancakes etc. I wonder if Weber would consider making one? Or maybe just a real flattop option for their grills.

Back