Steak mmm..no, Chicken mmm..no, Pork chops mm ..no, BBQ' Meatloaf...oh Yeah.

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
I looked around the web for a Weber bbq meatloaf recipe and a Jamie Purviance meatloaf recipe popped up. Sorry Mom.
Jamie's meatloaf recipe was absolutely delicious and I will be defiantly be doing this again for sure.

Here's the recipe. It's for a gasser, but charcoal fans can adapt.
https://www.weber.com/US/en/recipes/red-meat/barbecued-meat-loaf/weber-2157.html

I figured why not put some spuds below the meatloaf too add some flavor, I added beer to the spuds so they wouldn't burn....at 400° + ;)
I tweaked the recipe a little, the sauce ..1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays sweet vidalia onion bbq sauce, 1/4 cup Ketchup. 1/4 cup Homemade chili sauce and
1/4 cup Very Teri sweet heat.
Unfortunately I started late and it was dark when the cook was done, so here are my limited pic's.

fullsizeoutput_bc4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bb9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_b51.jpeg

Cooked the meatloaf to an internal temp of 155°, served with boiled < (yes boiled) corn on the cob. I took it all to the neighbors pool party at dark
and there were no leftovers..

Thanks for looking.

That's an interesting way to make potatoes! Did all the beer boil off and allow them to crisp up a little bit?
If you look at the first photo you can see I used another aluminum pan so i could spread the coals around it and wait for the temp to cool down a little. Then I just dropped the pan with the seasoned spuds into it. The temp was around 400° when I put the spuds on, so I had just opened a beer and went what the heck...poured half the beer over the spuds and they came out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside...

Back