Stainless Steel Hardware

Frank Seel

I have re-started my Genesis 3000 restoration project, and want to replace my original hardware with Stainless Steel hardware. I have seen a couple of comments about the benefits of the upgrade, but I'm not sure where to get the parts. Are they available in a package? Or do you have to buy them individually?
I have a Fastenal store nearby,but imagine it is a bit of a challenge to match up all those parts. Suggestions?

I have re-started my Genesis 3000 restoration project, and want to replace my original hardware with Stainless Steel hardware. I have seen a couple of comments about the benefits of the upgrade, but I'm not sure where to get the parts. Are they available in a package? Or do you have to buy them individually?
I have a Fastenal store nearby,but imagine it is a bit of a challenge to match up all those parts. Suggestions?
It's best to go to a "full service" hardware store where you can pick out the the needed hardware individually.
This is not a thing of the past, they are around in every major city.
Fastenal is going to want to sell you boxes of 50 or 100....that's a non-starter.

I find my local Fastenal very accommodating. Heck though you can go to a local home center type store Lowes, HD, Menard's what have you and most likely get everything you need

I find my local Fastenal very accommodating. Heck though you can go to a local home center type store Lowes, HD, Menard's what have you and most likely get everything you need

My Fastenal will do custom orders also. Ace seems to have many of the pieces and some you buy individually.

Just spoke to the nice people at Weber. Customer Service provided a link to the original owners manual, which gives the actual sizes and descriptions of all of the hardware. Now all I have to do is take the list to my local specialty hardware store, and I'm in business!

Frank,
My last two restores on both my 700 Spirit as well as my Platinum II I used #12 screws for the grease tray slides & burner tube hold downs and a combination of 1/4" x 20 screws in several different lengths for the frame, firebox, and propane tank gauge assemble.

Here is a rough idea of what you will need:

Jeff

Last edited:
I used my local Ace hardware. They had everything I needed as far as stainless hardware.

What screw did you use to attach the lid to the side panels? The old ones do not have a slot in them- they are flat.

Frank,
I used Stainless 1/4" x 20 5/8" long tapered bolts. They are the 10 bolts pictured three rows up from the bottom.
Weber uses splined bolts with those thin "speed nuts" originally.
You can reuse the nuts if you want too.

Jeff

Back