St. Louis ribs in the Instant Pot, Yes Really

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well we have had nice weather but ferocious winds. So having five racks of St. Louis ribs in the freezer we decided to try a rack of those in the instant pot.
Found a recipe that looked promising (as well as any recipe for ribs in a pot could).
So we figured we would give it a try and let our forum friends have at us.
Really it couldn’t be simpler, I used my rib rub so we could get a base line for comparison, did that in the morning and let them sit all day in the fridge.
Apple cider vinegar and water in the base of the pot, wrap the ribs around the bowel in the pot and 25 minutes later ribs are done.
My apologies to Cliff we dragged his great root beer beans into this experiment, also along with macaroni salad and Cole slaw straight from Safeway’s deli counter.
After the ribs were done, onto the E320 with some BBQ sauce to get the sauce set.
How was it? Well it wasn’t bad at all, the ribs were very tender and of course no smoke flavor, but the taste of my rub came through.
The beans of course were excellent coming from Cliff’s recipe and the slaw and the mac salad was very good also for store bought.
Would I do it again?
If I was in the Antarctic surround by polar bears with no grill to do ribs on that would be a good option that is if I just had to have some ribs.
Really they were not bad, I was really surprised. It was a fun experiment.
Final thought. I see a trend here from doing our ribs on the WSM to doing them on our pellet grill to doing them in our instant pot. Yes, I will seek professional help.
Going to be raining for the next four or five days here, have to see what other fun things I can get into.
100_5676.JPG
100_5675.JPG

100_5683.JPG

100_5684.JPG

100_5688.JPG

Last edited:

Back