SS Summit Platinum Six Burner

I am looking at a six burner Summit Platinum. It needs new flavor bars which I see available on the Weber parts site. It also has rusted through on the top edge of the firebox. I am not sure if a new firebox is available from Weber and if so is it so cost prohibitive that restoring this might not make sense. Thanks in advance for any info.

IMO, just say NO! They almost always wind up becoming money pits.
How much are they asking for it? What year is it?

Step away from it. They're nothing but money pits. IMO the Summit line is one of the biggest failures ever. Yeah they cook nicely but so does an old fashioned Genesis

As someone who just lost some $$ on a craigslist summit stay away from it.
The firebox replacement is expensive and the shipping is insane (I got a quote).
I just scrapped that Summit. Broke it down COMPLETELY. The steel in the firebox is a disgrace compared to the rest of the build.
The stack of flavorizer bars are heavier than the steel in the firebox.
I've got a new Napoleon Prestige 500 in it's place (rotisserie burner was mandatory). Not looking back.

I have to agree, overall, with what the others have said. However, the Platinum version of the 2nd generation, like I presume you are talking about, is probably the most worthy of rehabbing. (NEVER EVEN LOOK at a current one in my opinion) The Platinum is a different story only because of the all stainless frame and cabinetry. If I had a shot at one of those cheap enough, and everything else looked decent, I would be tempted to try. What I think is needed is to have a sheet metal shop make you thick stainless reinforcements for the problem areas of the firebox - particularly the front - and rivet them on. That won't be cheap, but if it works you will have a very large, great cooking grill with a lot of positives going for it.

I've got a new Napoleon Prestige 500 in it's place (rotisserie burner was mandatory). Not looking back.
I'm so sorry about your sad Summit saga. But please start a thread reviewing your Napoleon. I've had a couple of people ask me about them and I'm really curious about their quality and performance.

Back