Spring Brisket

CLasko

TVWBB Pro
Hey there! It's been a long while since I've posted...work, school, kids, etc. But I have been lurking and admiring everyone's cooks.

We had a crazy little blizzard-like episode in Chicago yesterday. I decided to say that heck with that noise and pick up myself a nice prime brisket from Costco to initiate our getting a membership there.

Rubbed down with some Weber Steak Seasoning. Waiting for the smoker to come up to temp for a high heat cook (350*ish). Amazing how it even smells already with just the seasoning! I'll post as I go along.
Untitled by C Lasko, on Flickr

WOW, and i thought it was cold enough to wear long pants down here in Louisiana, Brisket looks awesome, can't wait to try and cook one

- - - Updated - - -

can I ask about the pan below your brisket??

I just put that pan there to catch the drippings. I do wrap the water bowl and a clay saucer i put in the water bowl with foil, but i left alot of the fat on the brisket and wanted something to catch drippings. That's all.

Thanks guys! Oh and this was the view out the front yesterday. Why do I live in Chicago????

Looks like a good start for sure.
I grew up in the Chicago burbs (Franklin Park) I used to hate the winter. Your picture is about the total amount of snow we get here in the high country of Arizona each winter and it's still too much. Today a nice 77 outside.

Great start on that Brisket, I'm sure its going be delicious when done. That is a good question why do you live in Chicago! It get real cold and lots of snow, no thanks I like our weather much better. Like Rich said it's 77 outside and the girls are loving it.

It's crazy today though, super windy, but temps are nice about 60. I loaded the ring and lit 3/4 a chimney and I can't for the life of me get them temp over 300*. Normally to run at 250, I'll light maybe 15-20 briquettes and then eventually will have to dial bottom vents way back to keep it under 250*. Maybe there's so much wind that it's taking the heat right out of the 22? I closed the bottom vent facing the wind and was able to get it up to about 315*. I think this is why I love BBQ, each cook is different and needs to be adjusted.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here it is about 3 hours in at 160*IT. Looking pretty darn good.

Here is final product, some burnt ends and slices. Wow was the Costco brisket good. I probably could have even let it go longer. She was at 208 and I started pushing the panic button! Haha. Thanks everyone for looking.

Here is final product, some burnt ends and slices. Wow was the Costco brisket good. I probably could have even let it go longer. She was at 208 and I started pushing the panic button! Haha. Thanks everyone for looking.

First of all, good to hear from you again. That's a beauty, love the smoke ring and those burnt ends......OMG

Back