Spirit II Warranty Question

ManuelRojas

Hi guys,

Greetings from Chile, i have a question about weber's warranty. I sent an email to weber Chile because the flavorizer bars on my grill started to rust on both sides (not SS ones, the coated ones), my grill is almost new, bought on august 2022, i keep it really clean, and in my last deep clean i notice that issue. Chilean Weber CS responded that the warranty can be claimed just once on the entire warranty period (10 years) what is just ridiculous for me, and recommended to save that warranty to something more important and expensive to fix, so they told me to buy the flavorizer bars from their store (100 bucks).
How in the world a 10 years warranty can be claimed just one time?? i should wait until my grill is almost dead? it doesn't make any sense for me.
So i came to you with this question, is this how weber's warranty works in the US too?, i really doubt it, but i preffer to confirm, should i complaint about it? because that doesn't appear in anywhere.

here are some pics from the bars (sent to Weber and how i keep my grill.

thanks in advance for your help.
PS: i'm very happy with the grill is just great btw.

Attachments

• IMG_1143.JPEG
    IMG_1143.JPEG
    171.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1144.JPEG
    IMG_1144.JPEG
    157.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1142.JPEG
    IMG_1142.JPEG
    222 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1138.JPEG
    IMG_1138.JPEG
    192.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1139.JPEG
    IMG_1139.JPEG
    149.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1137.JPEG
    IMG_1137.JPEG
    182.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1136.JPEG
    IMG_1136.JPEG
    166.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1135.JPEG
    IMG_1135.JPEG
    178.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1147.JPEG
    IMG_1147.JPEG
    232 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1146.JPEG
    IMG_1146.JPEG
    172.9 KB · Views: 19
I have never really heard of that, but I do think that Weber is clamping down on their warranty coverage costs. Even if they try to enforce a "one time" limitation (not right or fair) how can repairing one part affect the warranty on an unrelated part?

You definitely have rust, but not that bad yet. If that's all Weber will do for you, I would keep using them and wait a while longer for sure. After that I would look into finding aftermarket stainless-steel flavorizer bars.

Well that's a new twist. About as bad as dropping the repair parts while the grill is still under warranty. Imagine buying a new car, something breaks in it. It's repaired then a while later the transmission goes bad, you take it in confident of the warranty only to be hit with an $8000 bill? "Oh you used your one time"

That is just surface rust and will not affect performance. I am sure the warranty will only cover rust through. That warranty explanation sounds just wrong. BTW, that is about the cleanest grill I have seen.

That doesn't sound right about only being able to use the warranty once in ten years. I don't think that is the case in the USA.
But, those flavorizer bars are going to get rusty. Flavorizer bars are find to use up until they start getting holes in them or the edges get really bad.

Hi guys,

Greetings from Chile, i have a question about weber's warranty. I sent an email to weber Chile because the flavorizer bars on my grill started to rust on both sides (not SS ones, the coated ones), my grill is almost new, bought on august 2022, i keep it really clean, and in my last deep clean i notice that issue. Chilean Weber CS responded that the warranty can be claimed just once on the entire warranty period (10 years) what is just ridiculous for me, and recommended to save that warranty to something more important and expensive to fix, so they told me to buy the flavorizer bars from their store (100 bucks).
How in the world a 10 years warranty can be claimed just one time?? i should wait until my grill is almost dead? it doesn't make any sense for me.
So i came to you with this question, is this how weber's warranty works in the US too?, i really doubt it, but i preffer to confirm, should i complaint about it? because that doesn't appear in anywhere.

here are some pics from the bars (sent to Weber and how i keep my grill.

thanks in advance for your help.
PS: i'm very happy with the grill is just great btw.
Hi Manuel, it sounds like you may have spoken with a representative who is not completely familiar with the warranty terms. The 10 year warranty can be used more than one time, however, surface corrosion on Flavorizer Bars is normal and to be expected. Unless they develop holes or cracks in them (often called "rust through"), they really don't need to be replaced and generally don't qualify for replacement under warranty. I'd keep using them and when/if they get holes or cracks in them reach back out to Weber Chile to file a warranty claim. I actually wrote an article about corrosion on Flavorizer Bars that you might find helpful: https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/...rface corrosion,job of protecting the burners.

#IworkforWeber

I purchased a new Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD)from a Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership in January, 2020. I then immediately registered this grill on Weber.com. Around A year later A problem arose with the charcoal bowl in that the bowl was very hard to insert and remove. I phoned the Weber 800 number in the USA in which I explained my problem to a Weber Representative who quickly found my Registration of my WPD and stated they would send me a new charcoal Bowl Replacement Kit free-of-charge. I received this kit a couple weeks later here in Costa Rica. I did not have to return the problem charcoal bowl.

Last edited:
I have a Weber Spirit II e-310 bought in 2018. Under warranty, Weber has replaced my grill grates twice due to rust, and the Flavorizer bars once.
Thats make more sense to me.

Well that's a new twist. About as bad as dropping the repair parts while the grill is still under warranty. Imagine buying a new car, something breaks in it. It's repaired then a while later the transmission goes bad, you take it in confident of the warranty only to be hit with an $8000 bill? "Oh you used your one time"

My exact toughts about it.

That is just surface rust and will not affect performance. I am sure the warranty will only cover rust through. That warranty explanation sounds just wrong. BTW, that is about the cleanest grill I have seen.

and i used it a lot, here in Chile, in september is the national celebration of independence (18) and is a week of grilling meat, i really like to keep it clean.

Hi Manuel, it sounds like you may have spoken with a representative who is not completely familiar with the warranty terms. The 10 year warranty can be used more than one time, however, surface corrosion on Flavorizer Bars is normal and to be expected. Unless they develop holes or cracks in them (often called "rust through"), they really don't need to be replaced and generally don't qualify for replacement under warranty. I'd keep using them and when/if they get holes or cracks in them reach back out to Weber Chile to file a warranty claim. I actually wrote an article about corrosion on Flavorizer Bars that you might find helpful: https://consumer-care.weber.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023605472-Why-are-my-Flavorizer-bars-rusting-#:~:text=Flavorizer Bars develop surface corrosion,job of protecting the burners.

#IworkforWeber

thanks for the awesome answer i will consider the info that you send me, i was a little worried about rust on the bars but now i'm more calm about it. i will keep using it until they die.

thanks everyone for your answers i will keep the bars but i will complain about the "10 years one time use warranty".

Last edited:
That is common language.

If I have a car battery with a 48 month warranty and it dies after 36 months, the warranty on the replacement doesn't reset the clock to another 48 months, but it remains covered for the remaining time.
I did a poor job explaining why I pointed to that language: I intended only to suggest that it indicates a replaced component is not "dead" and can be replaced again during the original warranty period.

I did a poor job explaining why I pointed to that language: I intended only to suggest that it indicates a replaced component is not "dead" and can be replaced again during the original warranty period.

Sorry, I wasn't intending to throwing rocks at your post AND I didn't read through the remaining comments. I think @John Burns covered this well.

🍺

Back