Spirit E310 with a mind of its own...

Tim Mulvihill

TVWBB Fan
So I live in a town home, and my backyard is a huge windtunnel. If it's 20 mph around me, it seems like it's 50 mph in my backyard.

Anyway, I got a Spirit E310 for x-mas and shortly after we went to Mexico. When we got back the Spirit, and my new performer were flipped upside down in the ditch just behind my patio. I thought some AH's came through and did this while I was gone. I put the Spirit as close as I could to the outside wall of my house in case it was the wind.

Last night the wind picked up and I heard a horrible scraping, I look through th epatio door and the wind is pushing the Spirit grill towards the end of the patio(still upright).

Anyone else have this happen, and any solutions you might offer? And I did have the wheel locks on.

From your description, this is going to continue to happen unless you take drastic measures. You're going to have to fasten the grill to the patio surface. I don't know what that is so I cannot make meaningful suggestions. If the patio is concrete, then drilling the floor for anchors is not all that hard. If it is a wooden deck, it's even easier. If it's pavers, then you'll have to come up with something else.

A couple of pictures of the grill in it's native environment will help us to help you.

Good luck to you, my friend, this TOO can be corrected.

Dale53

Are you putting a cover on it? That cover is acting like a sail.

I think in your case, I'd put an eye bolt or two in the patio and chain that sucker down with really short chains so it can't move.

Yea, let us know how that works. That Spirit looks like a light weight grill which might not be able to handle a full bag on the bottom shelf with out bending.

Tim

Yeah, I'd try the sandbags or maybe a cinder-block or bricks in the cabinet.

I keep my firebricks that I use in the kettle stored inside my Spirit. They weigh it down pretty good.

Back