Spinning kebabs

Dave from Denver

TVWBB Wizard
Got some leg of lamb in a yogurt marinade overnight. Garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, lemon

I might need to get some roti accessories for more capacity. Center burner on only with no drip pan for maximum crust.

izqYDho.png

Three year old son meets lightning storm while the kebabs spin. So they go to med-well. Oh well.

7I2WPv9.png

Cleavered em up. With tabbouleh, tatziki, pita,roast cauliflower.

xyPy9YX.png

Thanks for looking at my sketchy iphone photos.

Cheers

Kebabs = Lamb.

That's a no-brainer, & doesn't get any better...period!

Tabouleh & tatziki perfect compliments. Love it!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. They were quite delicious and I need to make more already since we finished the last kebabs today!

That looks awesome Dave - definitely want to try the yogurt marinated lamb. What recipe did you use - is it just plain Greek yoguret or did you add other spices? Also how did you skewer the lamb to your roti- it is hard to tell from your pic?

Regards,

John

John I freestyled the recipe but rough quantitys below

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
5 garlic cloves
1T fresh grated ginger
Juice and zest of one lemon
1T salt
1t pepper
1t cumin
1/2 t turmeric

All mashed up in the mortar and pestle.

It's just skewered directly on the roti forks. And then when the forks were full directly on the spit.

That's a tasty looking gyro!
And, I understand about your son. Our newest doxie is afraid of fireworks and was having a couple hard days last weekend!

Looks great. How did you like it?

Chuck,

We liked it a lot. It's very flavorful. A little dry due to overcooking this time but what are you gonna do? Nothing a little tatziki couldn't fix anyway.

Phil,

My son wasn't scared, but his little heart was pounding out of his chest for excitement. Better overcook dinner than to miss that moment.

Back