Spider Venom on WSK

Bruno

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Decide to give a Venom a try on my WSK, it may eventually end up on my 26” but this looked fun.

I had picked up a billows for $63 during one of the big sales but all the wires made it really clunky.

Will be doing a couple butts next weekend.

One on the SmokeFire and one on the WSK.

IMG_8118.jpeg
IMG_8120.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like it went on fine. I don't think that Spider mentions the WSK in their descriptions. They may be overlooking a good niche market!

Looks like it went on fine. I don't think that Spider mentions the WSK in their descriptions. They may be overlooking a good niche market!
They do actually state it will fit on there web site.

It was not easy to install, ideally you put it in with the bowl upside down, it took some real force to get it in place.

It only took 10 minutes though. Love the battery set up.

The billows requires you to plug it in and run wires to the signals it was less than ideal for me.

Goal is a couple butts next weekend.
Taking the kids out this weekend.

IMG_8123.jpeg
I did order the 26” adapters just in case I don’t like it in the WSK, I’ve heard it’s a killer combo though and Spider Grills said as much when I mentioned my goal.
Of course what else are they gonna say😀

Yes, I was mixing up the Venom and their pellet grill attachment.

On their pellet grill attachment, they say that it will only work on regular 22" kettles and NOT on Performers, but I saw where someone did exactly that with a SS Performer. Someday I hope to do the same since Weber can't seem to see the obvious and make their own pellet kettle to top Recteq's Bullseye.

Back