Spicy Pork Kebabs and Potatoes Romanoff

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I've wanted to do both these cooks for a while now and finally got around to it. Ideally these potatoes side up nicely with a couple of juicy steaks but the freezer was bare, of steaks anyway. So I threw them on with a pork entree and I'm glad I did. Here's some pictures.

I boiled the potatoes the night before on my camp stove outside. Placed in fridge so they'd be nicely cooled in the morning. Makes the next step easier. The potatoes are shredded, in this case three large russets, and combined with minced shallots, s and p, cayenne, shredded cheddar and sour cream. Baked in my 2 qt. dutch oven.

DSC_3749 (Large).JPG

Got the potatoes on the kettle for around 30 minutes.

DSC_3758 (Large).JPG

I marinated 2 lbs. of pork shoulder for 8 hours. Put the marinade together using our Ninja. Juice of one lime, cilantro, fish sauce, garlic. jalapeno with seeds and honey. When done, added fennel seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds and pulsed a few times. Placed the marinated meat onto skewers, alternately with yellow squash, zucchini, red bell and green bell peppers.

DSC_3759 (Large).JPG

Onto a hot grill.

DSC_3762 (Large).JPG

Flipped

DSC_3765 (Large).JPG

DSC_3773 (Large).JPG

Brought the skewers in to plate.

DSC_3776 (Large).JPG

Potatoes too.

DSC_3779 (Large).JPG

My plate.

DSC_3781 (Large).JPG

The pork was absolutely fabulous. Wonderful flavors from the marinade and extremely tender. Potatoes weren't too shabby either. I did deviate from the recipe on the cheese. It was highly recommended to use white cheddar, hand mixed, not bagged. I thought I had a block of hard white cheddar and I didn't. Not planning to go grocery shopping until later this week so I went with sharp yellow cheddar...... bagged, :( Oh well, we loved it anyway. Have a good week everyone and thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Cliff that is an amazing looking cook. I have never done shoulder as cubes and kabobs. I have to try that, a long Marinade will have them ready to be tender. Again that looks amazing!!!

Cliff - thanks for doing that post! Everything looks awesome. I had some jerk pork kabobs when I was in KC a few weeks ago, and this just reminded me that i need to try it at home. I was thinking the kabobs were made of cubed pork loin, but cubed pork shoulder would probably be better. Could also cube up some port T-loin. I think the marinade is probably the key part regardless of what cut of pork you start with.

Cliff - thanks for doing that post! Everything looks awesome. I had some jerk pork kabobs when I was in KC a few weeks ago, and this just reminded me that i need to try it at home. I was thinking the kabobs were made of cubed pork loin, but cubed pork shoulder would probably be better. Could also cube up some port T-loin. I think the marinade is probably the key part regardless of what cut of pork you start with.
John and Cliff you guys just keep giving me ideas, I have a port tenderloin roast in the freezer that I got from a local butcher a few weeks ago. I want to find a marinate to do pork fajita kabobs now. I want to cube up that tenderloin with peppers onions and tomatoes!!! I am now on the hunt for the right marinate!!!

Yet another winner, Cliff! So many ways to prepare pork shoulder, it really amazes me. Thanks for sharing another great cook with all of us!

R

What's left to say, okay another off the charts cook. Never thought of using pork shoulder for Kebob's. Awesome idea.

Back