Spicy Thai NY Strip and Shrimp

Let me know if you’ve ever made it before. This was my first time and the reviews were raving at the dinner table. Used it on both the shrimp and steak.
I've used a very similar recipe on beef and chicken. Was it equally good on the shrimp??

Outstanding cook man...that rice!!

I've used a very similar recipe on beef and chicken. Was it equally good on the shrimp??

Outstanding cook man...that rice!!
Totally recommend on beef and shrimp. The flavor was bold and tasty but not overly spicy which was nice for some of our guests.

I did lightly salt the beef prior to applying the marinade. The helped the flavor penetrate some into the beef.

I also reserved some of the marinade, that never touched the shrimp or beef, and served that on the side as a dipping sauce for the meal.

Very much recco making some extra for the side to serve with the meal. Great enhancer to the steak and shrimp.

And the marinade went very well with the fried rice too.

In the foil pack was some cauliflower I cut up and SPG EVOO cooked on the grill too. And then removed the cauliflower and grilled it too over the CI grate. It gave up some really good flavors from the grill.

Definitely a meal work making and I’ll add this into my rotation.

One other note, I added some lemon and lime juice into the marinade for more acidic zing. Highly recco doing that too as those acids balance out the garlic as fresh garlic and be very pungent if one isn’t used to that flavor.

Thank you for your compliment. Much appreciated. As you see, I really enjoy cooking on the E6.

Last edited:
Added another to my 'cook soon' list. Looks great.
Fully worth cooking. I’d also recco using the meats they offer up in the recipe. We just had NY Strips on hand and they were very good too! Pulled them at 130-133° as each steak reached temp.

Hmmm.....spicy steak and shrimp? I'm in! Cooked beautifully as always, Brett! I may have to try this one out when it's just me and my oldest (the other spicy pepper lover in the family) next weekend! :)

R

Back