1. BBQ is ready when it’s ready (so don’t hurry)
2. Less is more (less smoke, less rub, less add-ons)
3. Opening your smoker is BAD!
4. Too tender is GOOD!
5. Foiling is GOOD!
6. Grilling is NOT barbequing; BBQ is low-and-slow
7. Always have FUN when you BBQ even if results are otherwise!
The Rules are Good!
I just recently thanks to you changed the temp I do ribs at from 200-225 to 275. I am amazed at the difference that made.Everyone I have served them to say they were the best I made so far.Just goes to show if you aren't willing to try something different your results never change.
275 renders the fat better and faster. Faster is good so the rib does not dry out. Also, bark forms better at 275 on ribs. I find 250 is best on butt and brisket. 275 is also perfect for chicken. And I've tried every imaginable technique so I'm compressing your learning curve with these secrets