So I met another resto guy......FYI he makes the Weber 3000 style wooden handles!!!!!!

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Now a lot of you guys are just amazing with your resto skills so I assume a few of you have routers and can make these handles. This guy I spoke with tonight is just as crazy as we are and has some sort of computer driven router program that belts out handles. I told him I would throw it out the the group to see if any of u guys wanted some custom handles....he can make them in the wood of your choice of course price would vary on the wood type. So handles would sell for 25 to 50 bucks.........ish ..........I am buying 3 off of him for future projects. I will include a pic of just what he has laying around in a tub as an example.....
If me mentioning this is against the rules then admin just delete..........I just personally couldnt get my hands on a needed handle so I thought this was a great connection.
See pic

ps....for all I know Weber still sells them on some web site for 20 bucks.......if so please let me know!
FullSizeR1.jpg

Not against the rules for you to post his information. It's against the rules for him to self-promote. So please go ahead and post his info.

Thanks for asking,
Chris

Cool....I just met him tonight so I dont want to stake whatever reputation I have on him. I was just thinking there might be others in search of these handles that may or may not be available anymore. I asked him to join the forum because he has one heck of a collection of grills but he was being bashful. I was thinking for now if there were a few people interested they could just reply to this thread and if I get Roberts permission I will give out his cell number.

Not against the rules for you to post his information. It's against the rules for him to self-promote. So please go ahead and post his info.

Thanks for asking,
Chris
So when I had put up my mixerdoc.com site I broke the rules a while back? Didn't mean to. IIRC I put it out there because I was responding to someone asking a question that was able to be answered.

That’s the way I remember it, too, Larry. Talking about what you do and answering questions and even giving a link in that context is way different to me than someone just landing here to post an advertisement.

That is a useful source. No, Weber doesn’t sell them anymore - probably not in years. The only thing I have seen is a plain solid wood replacement handle (no holes) that someplace offers. $50 would be pretty tough on a flip grill, but for restoring or customizing a personal grill he could be a big help.

Yes I agree its a budget buster. This is something that was in this guys skill set so he set out to figure it out and did. As for his pricing he has never sold any before so he was just throwing out numbers. If any of u guys need a few of these and its ok with the forum.......I will just put you in touch with this guy ( Robert ) and u can arrange cost etc. I believe he will sell for cheap if u pay for the shipping......depending on the wood type.
This was just perfect for me cause I needed one and there was no where to get one.

I am thinking for flippers, buying 4 or 5 of them at a time would really help on the shipping cost. It might be a possibility.
If the price could come down enough, I would consider buying several. Most of the wood Genesis X000 grills I rehab get converted to durawood because I have it on hand. I could make the slats, but the handles are the biggest problem.

Yes for the right price it would be worth have a few on hand. I already sent him a message suggesting a 3pk option for a very streamlined price and we pay shipping. Again if anyone wants a high end type of wood that would be different but for basic stuff as long as he could get us to get some orders flowing in I think like 3 for $35 we pay ship or something.....ehh maybe a little more for his time.......I dont know.....3 for $40? 10 dollars shipping....thus 3 for $50 boom done!

Yes for the right price it would be worth have a few on hand. I already sent him a message suggesting a 3pk option for a very streamlined price and we pay shipping. Again if anyone wants a high end type of wood that would be different but for basic stuff as long as he could get us to get some orders flowing in I think like 3 for $35 we pay ship or something.....ehh maybe a little more for his time.......I dont know.....3 for $40? 10 dollars shipping....thus 3 for $50 boom done!

Logistics is my day job. Far as shipping, say you do 3 handles for $40. I estimated Oakville, CT to Fort Worth, TX which is a zone 8 (highest cost for a given size package) and 24x6x6 inches and say 6 lbs weight. That cost with USPS is about $22. UPS and Federal are a bit more.

For flippers at $20 a handle roughly I think is fair.

I would invest into these handles if his burden costs are reasonable to hit the scenario I mentioned above.

I would be definitely be in for 3 for $50! I just picked up a Red Head w/ durawood and would love to make the switch to wood. I would swap out the handle on the grill at my ma in laws too. (It's wood and I refurbed it, but didn't really do that good of a job.)

Last edited:
So your saying have him set up a 3 for $60 package which includes shipping...give or take 2 bucks. He lives in Michigan... This would be 20 bucks a handle for our group.
I will bounce this idea back at him. I think there is a need for probably about 50 for this forum to cover the flippers and the keepers. This wouldnt make this guy rich but who knows it could branch to other business.

Not a bad idea....I just talked to a buddy of mine that is a master super duper contractor that can build anything......I showed him a pic of the handle and he said no problem. Not to underscore this other guy I met but just working the best deal for the forum. My buddy is into mass production so this is more in his wheel house then the Michigan man.........either way we will get some handles made. I was talking price to Mr Michigan and he was feeling more like 3 for 90......then I said too much.....maybe 3 for 75...............I ran the 3 for 75 by my contractor buddy and he said that number works.
Do we all agree these would be just bare wood with no bolt holes so we can match the stain to our projects? I was thinking the bolt holes might not be consistent and that we could drill those......carefully :)

I am wondering what he would do on an order for maybe 15 or 20. Preferably Cedar. I am thinking that if the 2021 Upper Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet goes off as hoped, we could have on person make an order for 15 or so and then distribute them to others at the meet to save on individual postage? Maybe even have a Michigan guy bring them.
That would be a great plan. I would be interested in participating even though my friend made me some. Unfortunately, I chose poplar for some of them and now I find out that it is NOT a good wood for this purpose.

On the other hand, I was in Menards the other day (a new venue for this Floridian used to only Lowes and Home Depot). Among other woods they carry mahogany which IS a choice wood for outdoor use. I am intrigued since it gives a classy alternative for some custom work if it is stained properly.

These guys can make them in any wood that you want. If its a keeper grill mahogany would be nice. After speaking to my contractor buddy he asked me for a good sample so he can knock a few out.....but getting him and me in the same place isnt a regular occurrence...but dont worry...Im gunna make this happen. I have a brand new old stock red head hood never used with a perfect handle on it......this will be his base line.

If this all works out, I can probably supply an earlier Genesis 1-5 handle which was a little bit longer as it was designed to show on the outer edges of the different style end caps.

Back