Snap on weber grill?

JohnS NJ

TVWBB Fan
never seen this before. Was this a legit line of Weber? Was it a snap on thermometer because the holder is missing.

Attachments

• B1C85A8D-3F7A-41C9-9CEC-E8CDB8B9124F.png
    B1C85A8D-3F7A-41C9-9CEC-E8CDB8B9124F.png
    454.4 KB · Views: 48
This is actually for real. I have seen these Weber grills with Snap On logo before. Not sure when they were made them but they existed.

It has been a while since I have seen one posted up here, but they are for real. I have never seen one available locally, but if I do, I will be all over it....for the right price of course. Certainly not $300.
Weber did logo grills for several businesses on a very limited run.

I envision finding one of the Snap On grills to rehab and selling it for $500 to a automotive repair shop.

I saw a Snap-On before but it slipped away...

I had this one. I never figured out what the AF logo represented

IMG_2774.JPG

It is actually a AFF grill which stands for American Frozen Food. Pretty rare grill.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff, Mystery solved. The label was gone so I couldn't register it. The lid went to a gentleman doing a restore on an old 13 bar deep box. The rest of the parts were sold as is for a another restore.

Just a Snap On logo embedded in the porcelain on the hood similar to how it was done on a Skyline.

Among my many dumb misadventures, I bought one of the grills that Snap On allowed their name to be applied to. The body looked like a Snap On tool box.

Front of Snap On Unrestored.jpg

Beyond that it was a hulk of rusted junk. I wound up taking it to my organizations scrap pile - Dave Ramsey calls that a "stupid tax!" I saved the logo and a rotisserie and that's about it.

Summit Junk 2.jpg

I have thought about converting a later Spirit with the stainless cabinetry into something that has that look. Just affix the right metal strips to make the doors look like tool box ones and then put a red hood and the Snap On logo on the body. I think that would be a cooler marriage of a Weber grill with Snap On.

There was newer open cabinet Genesis for sale in my area that was Snap On branded. Guy only wanted about $350 and it was listed for a couple weeks at least.

Back