Smoking Wings Question

Brian B.

TVWBB Fan
Over the next two days, I'm getting ready to try a couple of different types of wings and different cooking methods. If I'm going to smoke some of the wings and use Orange Sriracha recipe, what should I season them with for cooking?

I don't have the Wolfe Citrus recipe and probably can't make it in time if I buy it.

Also, after cooking them at 225-250 for two hours am I better finishing them off over the coals or on my gasser at high heat? If the gasser is the way to go, what is the max temp I would want to do?

Thanks

Have used larrys sause myself,but not on those low temps.

Smoked in my kettle.

If you only have a wsm and a gasser i would crisp em on high heat on the gasser max 2 min/side to get the outside/skin a kick.
Then low and slow in the wsm.(to get the smoke flavour)

Or cook em in the wsm(until almost done) crisp up the skin in the gasser then sauce and back in the wsm/inderect on the gasser.

Before i sauced mine i had a rub of:salt/black pepper/cayenne & thyme.

But they were hot
Skip the pepper/chilli in the rub i guess.

Good luck

i do my wings like that. i indirect cook and smoke and then when done or near done i crisp them up over the coals. its our favorite way to do wings.

But to crisp em over HH with this high suagar rate,will probably burn em dark!

I would finish them inderect.

What if I just follow Larry's method and use my smoker to cook them at 350? Will the skin be rubbery or will they crisp a little bit?

Back