Smoking Provolone and Mozz.

Jeff R MA

Hi

Have smoked gouda and cheddar. I used a 12" tube and pellets -3 hours . Kept in bag overnight and sealed for 4-5 weeks. I came out awesome!

Now I want to try some softer cheeses like provolone and mozzarella. What is the method? Less time in the smoker? Same? What about storage before eating? How long?

still use vacuum sealer?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Attachments

• 20200301_175647.jpg
    20200301_175647.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1
How do you smoke your cheese?

I've been smoking cheese since 2012. I first used an Emson Pressure Smoker. (Indoor electric device). It was good, but eventually some of the parts started deteriorating.

In late 2018, I got the Oster Smoker Roaster. Similar device, but the design and cleanup is much better. Also uses wood chips, just like the Emson device.

Usually I smoke mozzarella or cheddar. So that would be one of your softer cheese examples.

Ok, so you use something that requires pellets. I would say just do it for less time. Do everything else the same way that you've been doing, since you like the results.

It's the same principle I use in the devices I've used. Harder cheeses means more time, softer cheeses means less time.

Back