Smokey Joe Gold with mods

MikeLucky

TVWBB Pro
Saw this ad late last night:

SmokeyJoe1.png

Looked so clean and all the right mods are already made; added ash pan and added bottom vent. Contacted him and met him today. Gentleman has COPD and can't do charcoal anymore because it hits his lungs wrong.

The grill is like new and immaculate.

1594093986306.png

1594094081887.png

In the deal he also included a small Weber chimney starter, most of a bag of RO Lump, half a bag of Kingsford, and some wood chips.

1594094166957.png

1594094189749.png

Mods are already done.

1594094230206.png

I might step out those holes for the bottom vent a bit more, but we'll see. I had stopped at an ATM on the way there and got $40 so I bought a drink to break one of the 20s so I could give him $35. After seeing the condition and all the extras I just gave him the whole $39. Still a huge bargain for everything included.

I'm supposed to be downsizing from my high of 10 Webers. This purchase puts me back at 8. Lol. But, I don't need both my Q2000 and my Q1200. I am going to keep one and sell the other to buy a Go Anywhere Gas to send with my daughter when she goes back to college in Fort Collins next month. She wants a grill and I was originally going to send her with the Q1200, but I think a Go Anywhere is probably better for her. Now I just need to sell one of the Qs and find a Go Anywhere Gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, as someone who has a Q120 and a GGA, I would send her with the Q1200 hands down. Just my two cents worth.

And Bravo on your daughter wanting a grill at college. Mine did too. 👍😀

Mike, as someone who has a Q120 and a GGA, I would send her with the Q1200 hands down. Just my two cents worth.

And Bravo on your daughter wanting a grill at college. Mine did too. 👍😀

Yeah, I was pretty stoked when she said she wanted a grill. I might see about getting a Q1000/1200 for her. I'm just feeling like I want to keep my 1200 instead of the 2000.

Back