SmokeFire and Hanger Steak!!!

SteveF (Alpine)

TVWBB Fan
Despite its limited size, usually maxing out at about one pound where we get them, the hanger steak is one of the most tender and flavorful cuts there is IMO. We usually just prepare it simply with EVOO and Montreal steak seasoning. I started the SF at 400°, put the corn on for ten minutes, then upped it to 500° and threw on the hanger. Ten minutes later pulled the corn and about five minutes after that pulled the hanger at about 130° internal temp. Awesome with some sour cream and chive potatoes and ranch beans.

IMG_8369.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

IMG_8368.jpg

IMG_8357.jpg

That looks delicious, Steve! I've eaten hangar steaks in restaurants, but I've never cooked one (either can't find them, or the price is somewhere near what plutonium costs per ounce!) :ROFLMAO: You treated that steak perfectly, with some really terrific looking sides! Thanks for sharing!

That looks perfect Steve. Only place I've seen hanger steak was at Costco. I'll take a closer look after seeing yours.

Thanks! The hanger steaks are definitely on the pricey side, $12.99/pound at our local Baron’s market. But the wife and I usually split one, so not too bad...

Great looking steak! Another hard to find cut here too. I c an get it from one of the local butchers but its almost $20/pound!

Thanks! The hanger steaks are definitely on the pricey side, $12.99/pound at our local Baron’s market. But the wife and I usually split one, so not too bad...

Looks fantastic, Steve. I just came back from my Wegman's and hangar steaks were $22.99/lb. I'd say you're pretty lucky. ;)

Never see hanger steaks around here :(... This picture says it all Steve..(y)(y)
Hanger steak," it's whats for dinner" if you can find it...

IMG_8370.jpg

Very nice, we have a butcher here who is huge in hanger steak but they are crazy expensive. Great looking cook!!

Hanger has been very difficult to find in this area over the last two years...
and at 13 bucks a pound, in my opinion, it’s worth it.

Back