SmokeFire’s back on sale! 🔥

Great deal, as much as I would like to have one my Camp Chef is just to reliable to give up.
Rich, that’s a smart move. While I’m all in on my EX6 I don’t enjoy the same confidence I had with my Camp Chef. Now I’m seeing more examples of the heat deflector and pellet slide to the fire pot suffering heat erosion. That bears watching. I really like my grill but I’m also concerned. Strange feeling for me.

Rich, that’s a smart move. While I’m all in on my EX6 I don’t enjoy the same confidence I had with my Camp Chef. Now I’m seeing more examples of the heat deflector and pellet slide to the fire pot suffering heat erosion. That bears watching. I really like my grill but I’m also concerned. Strange feeling for me.
I've seen the cooks your EX6 can do and it's truly incredible the level of cooking that EX6 is capable of doing. Although I would love to have one just for the looks alone. Lets face it the CC is no beauty queen. The EX6 is to big for Barb and I and the EX4 doesn't have the capacity the CC has espically the upper level which I use a lot.
With my increasing disabilities and my reluctance to get involved with anything that's going to turn into a headache I'll stay put.
Sure hope what you described doesn't turn into another nightmare for you and Weber.

Last edited:
Wish the warranty on slide and burn pot was a little longer, I plan on doing a full evaluation at about 2 1/2 years and at that point I’ll try and get some stuff replaced before the warranty goes out in year 3.D9AEEE94-159A-460D-B155-1F11A2FC1150.jpeg

Ordered. I was going to get one for Father’s Day come hell or high water and the wife gave the Greenlight- it pays to have had it on my wishlist since it came out. Now we need a bigger deck…
Hunter, are you getting the 4 or the 6? As long as you go into this eyes wide open and learn the grill it won't frustrate you but may irritate at times. I sold my Performer, WSMs, and a Camp Chef pellet grill after I checked mine out. It's my only outdoor cooker and I hope it extends my BBQ years by at least 5 more. I know some will disagree with me on this but my cooker is not picky about pellets. It performs the same with Weber, Lumberjack, Pit Boss, and B&B pellets. I just bought 120 lbs. of B&B Championship Blend from Academy Sports for $40.47 before tax. I really like the aroma and taste they impart to the food. My EX6 burns a lot of pellets so cost is a factor for me - if they perform properly.

I've seen the cooks your EX6 can do and it's truly incredible the level of cooking that EX6 is capable of doing. Although I would love to have one just for the looks alone. Lets face it the CC is no beauty queen. The EX6 is to big for Barb and I and the EX4 doesn't have the capacity the CC has espically the upper level which I use a lot.
With my increasing disabilities and my reluctance to get involved with anything that's going to turn into a headache I'll stay put.
Sure hope what you described doesn't turn into another nightmare for you and Weber.
The primary purpose of the grill is to cook good food. My DLX was a jerky making machine and I once did 5 racks of St. Louis spares on it. My only reason for getting the Smokefire was to have a smoker and grill all in one. You and I are right where we should be. No worries on a nightmare. There are steps I can take to prevent that - I hope.

Hunter, are you getting the 4 or the 6? As long as you go into this eyes wide open and learn the grill it won't frustrate you but may irritate at times. I sold my Performer, WSMs, and a Camp Chef pellet grill after I checked mine out. It's my only outdoor cooker and I hope it extends my BBQ years by at least 5 more. I know some will disagree with me on this but my cooker is not picky about pellets. It performs the same with Weber, Lumberjack, Pit Boss, and B&B pellets. I just bought 120 lbs. of B&B Championship Blend from Academy Sports for $40.47 before tax. I really like the aroma and taste they impart to the food. My EX6 burns a lot of pellets so cost is a factor for me - if they perform properly.
Lew I got the EX6, “go big or go home”, I’m not getting rid of the kettles or the WSM. I’ll wait till Father’s Day to put it together then probably start off with a tri tip, then want to do burgers, wings and ribs (not at the same time) to see how those compare to what I’m already used to. After that I’ll probably do a long cook - beef ribs or a brisket. It’s going to be a fun summer!

Lew I got the EX6, “go big or go home”, I’m not getting rid of the kettles or the WSM. I’ll wait till Father’s Day to put it together then probably start off with a tri tip, then want to do burgers, wings and ribs (not at the same time) to see how those compare to what I’m already used to. After that I’ll probably do a long cook - beef ribs or a brisket. It’s going to be a fun summer!
To assist you in assembly I recommend that you get the BILT app. The EX6 is on it's list.

Wish the warranty on slide and burn pot was a little longer, I plan on doing a full evaluation at about 2 1/2 years and at that point I’ll try and get some stuff replaced before the warranty goes out in year 3.View attachment 28865
Being use to the longevity and great warranties on Weber charcoal and gas grills, seeing this at first surprised me. But then I got to thinking (a dangerous thing) and I guess I should really be comparing pellet grills more to cell phones. Lots of folks think nothing of spending close to a $1,000 for a phone every 3-4 years. As much as I would like to embrace the Smokefire I don't think that I would be using it 20 years from now the way I do my Performer and gas grill.

Being use to the longevity and great warranties on Weber charcoal and gas grills, seeing this at first surprised me. But then I got to thinking (a dangerous thing) and I guess I should really be comparing pellet grills more to cell phones. Lots of folks think nothing of spending close to a $1,000 for a phone every 3-4 years. As much as I would like to embrace the Smokefire I don't think that I would be using it 20 years from now the way I do my Performer and gas grill.
I’m a sucker for accessories and have a lot of grates and what not for my SmokeFire, I’m about 1 1/2 years in and I think I’ll hold off on adding anything. I could see myself making a change some day if Weber isn’t their usual very helpful self when it comes to warranty and out of warranty replacement.
I use my SF a lot and I do a lot of grilling at 500, I am seeing some serious wear and tear near the fire pot. The SmokeFire is a raging beast at anything 500 and up, some of the thin metal seems to not like those temps.

I’m a sucker for accessories and have a lot of grates and what not for my SmokeFire, I’m about 1 1/2 years in and I think I’ll hold off on adding anything. I could see myself making a change some day if Weber isn’t their usual very helpful self when it comes to warranty and out of warranty replacement.
I use my SF a lot and I do a lot of grilling at 500, I am seeing some serious wear and tear near the fire pot. The SmokeFire is a raging beast at anything 500 and up, some of the thin metal seems to not like those temps.
Bruno did you remove the finger guard- I feel like I’ve read removing that helps with issues folks have seen, any other things I just do on initial build?

I might have to check out the SmokeFire. I bought the Louisiana SL700 at Costco with the $100 off savings, the thing was junk. It wouldn't stay lit because the grill temp was thought to be defective, they sent out a replacement, and it turned out that it was the controller board, which they sent out an replacement for. Finally got it to work (PITA replacing the board & grill temp) only to have the pellets in the hoper start smoldering. I gave it three times and all three times the pellets in the hopper smoldered, I took it back to Costco, total waste of time.

After seeing your Brisket, I'm seriously considering the SmokeFire, thanks for the link Chris

Bruno did you remove the finger guard- I feel like I’ve read removing that helps with issues folks have seen, any other things I just do on initial build?
Hunter, I removed the guard and put UHMW tape on the ramp of my Gen 1 EX6. The slick tape allowed the pellets to slide more easily and I got 12 hours at 250° without touching the pellets in the hopper.

I did remove the finger guard. I just can’t help checking on things when I’m smoking and I always run my hand through the hopper. For me it’s so much less work and worry than other smokers it doesn’t bother me at all.
My favorite part of it all is being in my backyard when I’m cooking something so why not check on the pellets.

Back