Smoked Yellowfin Tuna

SteveF (Alpine)

TVWBB Fan
Well, I was inspired and impatient simultaneously šŸ˜œ I was gonna give smoked tuna on the SF a shot and was planning a brine of salt, sugar and brown sugar, but I was impatient. I came home and did a quick marinade of teriyaki on one and lemon pepper on the other two. 200 for about an hour and a half to an internal temp of about 135 and... AWESOME!

3049F35A-955D-456B-9A7C-04C74CFD3A3F.jpegC1D787C7-E879-486A-8173-2DD1A975FEED.jpeg

5F7FF33B-5C32-4097-BC17-8C3405015287.jpeg

Looks tasty! Good snacking on crackers, topper for salad, smoked tuna dip.
But my all time favorite is for breakfast.

I prefer a soft scrambled egg with a bit of chives, sliced black olives, spinach Crispy diced taters and of course the smoked fish (tuna or salmon)

So good.

That looks like it turned out great, Steve! I haven't smoked any fish in quite a while.....I should change that!

Great looking inspired and impatient Yellowfin 2NA Steve, i hope you had enough to sear or make into Poke.....

Great looking inspired and impatient Yellowfin 2NA Steve, i hope you had enough to sear or make into Poke.....
Oh man, weā€™ve never made poke, but itā€™s on the list.
One way I used to prepare it (other than making sashimi right on the boat) was to take a large filet, theyā€™re kind of triangular in profile, grill it over super high heat over charcoal for just a couple minutes per side then pull it off, slice into 1/4ā€ thick slices and drizzle with EVOO, fresh lemon juice and fresh dill. Thatā€™s pretty awesome too. Works well with tuna or yellowtail. Sort of my own take on seared ahišŸ»

Back