Smashy Burgers

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
As promised I made burgers to go with the buns I made last night. Was going to use the Blackstone 22 but the propane hose decided to spring a leak. So I used the Blackstone top on the discada burner. Worked great. Grilled some mushrooms for my wife and Onions for me. Tillamook cheddar and jack for cheese. Homemade guacamole, tomato, mustard and wavy lays for toppings.
B7B95039-6A53-4909-936B-F25B1E7F3B08.jpeg108D64F0-B0E0-4D15-9A9F-46BCDBCD0006.jpeg71A60715-37A0-4317-AE28-0600D4234C36.jpeg9B30CF2A-C81E-42FF-A983-D189DB1F2951.jpeg1DE8D38B-8BA9-4033-AB38-E2955595A4B5.jpeg0E10E995-5D4D-4BCF-AD3A-DC9F497007C2.jpeg86DFB119-863A-413E-AACE-E0F94ECF5FF4.jpeg90D4EF88-3903-4C35-A69C-C18ADF610037.jpeg

I cannot get past the driveway across the street, lol. Groovy.

But back to the intent of your post: you sure know how to lay down some good grub.

I cannot get past the driveway across the street, lol. Groovy.

But back to the intent of your post: you sure know how to lay down some good grub.
Thank you!

What you can't see in that photo is the Chevy Pick up. His grandpa bought it new. They like the patina and have no plans to change it.

49575789317_baa44af3b7_c.jpg

They completely refurbished the Kenskill trailer. Fresh paint this last winter.

49575559391_3df1228851_c.jpg

Beautiful double Smasher there Case. Is that arugula you're using. Love the stuff but have never tried it on a burger.

Gorgeous looking cook there, Case! If you tell us that you also made the potato chips, I may have to block you.;):LOL:

Beautiful double Smasher there Case. Is that arugula you're using. Love the stuff but have never tried it on a burger.

Arugula is all we put on our burgers around here. For years, it was tough to find good arugula; the stuff available in stores was crap compared to what restaurants served. Trader Joe's sells really good arugula now, though.

I have a trailer like that! Okay, it’s a little smaller.
340BDD98-4C4C-41F8-9389-3886E3E1D9F7.jpeg

Thank you!

Yep Arugula, We like having it around because it keeps longer than other lettuce varieties. And it has a nice peppery flavor that pairs well with most proteins.

Gorgeous looking cook there, Case! If you tell us that you also made the potato chips, I may have to block you.;):LOL:
Thank you!
Well no need to block me today. I have in the past but sometimes you just want store bought wavy goodness.

Lot's of burgers this week. Yours look great, Case, and are a perfect match to the buns you made. Good thinking on using the B-stone top with your other burner!

R

I have the hunsaker griddle for my kettle saved on my amazon account and I am trying to hold off purchasing it right now, but all these burger cooks on the griddles this last week is making it hard to not pull the trigger. Case, those burger look great, but those buns are out of bounds.

Lot's of burgers this week. Yours look great, Case, and are a perfect match to the buns you made. Good thinking on using the B-stone top with your other burner!

R
Thank you! As everyone knows I like to make Frankencookers!

I have the hunsaker griddle for my kettle saved on my amazon account and I am trying to hold off purchasing it right now, but all these burger cooks on the griddles this last week is making it hard to not pull the trigger. Case, those burger look great, but those buns are out of bounds.
Thank you!
You better pull the trigger summers running out of time quickly!

Well another unique twist from the MacGyver of grills. Love the look of that burger Case, well done

Well another unique twist from the MacGyver of grills. Love the look of that burger Case, well done
Thank you Rich! I had to think on the fly!

With Covid I wasn't running out to three hardware stores to try and find a replacement hose. So I amazoned a new one while cooking with the Franken rig.

tasty old school diner burgers!

I never done a smashburger before....are they usually cook well done since they are thin or can you get cook them to medium?

tasty old school diner burgers!

I never done a smashburger before....are they usually cook well done since they are thin or can you get cook them to medium?

Thank you, you can cook them to whatever doneness you want. You only smash one side for 20-30 seconds.

Back