Skyline sadness

TonyS T-Bone

TVWBB Super Fan
I bid farewell to my Skyline 520 2-burner this weekend. Rehabbed, painted, w Shinestar SS Grates, new FBs, new everything incl. decals, thermo and new covers for grill and tank. Now residing on a back porch somewhere in a hip Chicago Neighborhood. Pics are from right before I detailed it for owners to pick up, so pardon my dust. It has the "fade" but not too bad. I included a manual, a bottle of PAM, a "how to season your new old grill" instruction sheet and a FULL TANK of fuel.

I still have the Patio Queen Skyline 3200 so don’t kick me out of the Club!

0D3A6A2C-161B-4F7C-A1CF-B01F5EB1C8AF.jpegEE483B26-24C3-4A3B-BEAE-241C551152B8.jpeg6A865746-E5BC-45B7-86FB-893AEDF06DD0.jpegEC7DBE00-5656-4167-BE98-B98FBDB6C603.jpeg
D38F7512-2C94-4D34-A9CD-8C68A8975C43.jpegFDBCFA34-55F6-43C0-85BF-F27BD84CCAE4.jpeg

Last edited:
lol.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a new cover, I bought an "onlyfire" replacement for $33 on Amazon, and it is a really solid cover, thick, heavy, and many, many Velcro strips to adjust it if too long, too short, too wide, etc. Feels way better than King Kong and obviously way cheaper than OEM. Spirit 500 (520) cover is 7138 BTW. Fit is very good.

I hope to get one of those one of these days. I want to put the Skyline hood on a the later Silver A body with the fold-down solid plastic type table and, believe it or not, the closed cart. (I would figure out a better plan for the cart bottom.). I think it would be cool to have that hood on a more practical setup. Maybe add GrillGrates and have a perfect daily driver for my small household.

I sold my dream monster size Skyline to my friend and boss in Florida, rather than try to move it. I have another 3-burner Skyline to make a 2.0 model, but this time I will skip the extended cart and side burner (that I never used but only wanted for hurricanes in Florida - guess I don't have that to worry about anymore :) .) When we can get settled and I have at least someplace to work, I hope to go back and get the rest of my grill stuff. Making a new Skyline and an experimental "Genesis I.75" project are at the top of my list for collecting with hopefully a salable grill or two along the way to support my hobby!

That looks great Tony, the shot on the balcony reminds me of my late brothers place down in Wrigleyville!
One day I will find a Skyline for the right price! Someday...

You know what Joan, I almost threw a couple flea market finds in the deal (incl. Weber Big Book of Grilling), but changed my mind after leafing through them. There are a lot of good recipes in that Weber Big Book!

Tony, I was trying to figure out what cookbook to use next. Thank you for the suggestion. I have that book also. I bet between the two of us, we can come up with some pretty good cooks. lol Off to look!!

Larry this three-flat is in Uptown, not too far from the Lake. Lawrence and Broadway area, near the UPTOWN theater.
I was thinking it looked like that area. Cool. I haven't been through there in years. I grew up between Belmont and Diversey 1/2 blk west of Cicero. Wife and I liven in Albany Park right near the corner of Foster and Kedzie, than lived in Jefferson Park right on Montrose and Major (1/2 blk w of Central) and a few doors away from Hagen's Fish Market. Of course now we're out where Moses lost his sandals. I miss the city but not now what with all the insanity there. Hell it's bad enough here being close to Rockford. Some day we're going to get the hell outta Illinausea (if my health holds out long enough not too good of news the other day :( ) Oh well we shall see. Somehow I gotta lose half a person (50lbs or more)

I was thinking it looked like that area. Cool. I haven't been through there in years. I grew up between Belmont and Diversey 1/2 blk west of Cicero. Wife and I liven in Albany Park right near the corner of Foster and Kedzie, than lived in Jefferson Park right on Montrose and Major (1/2 blk w of Central) and a few doors away from Hagen's Fish Market. Of course now we're out where Moses lost his sandals. I miss the city but not now what with all the insanity there. Hell it's bad enough here being close to Rockford. Some day we're going to get the hell outta Illinausea (if my health holds out long enough not too good of news the other day :( ) Oh well we shall see. Somehow I gotta lose half a person (50lbs or more)
You can loose that weight Larry, just takes some take and dedication. This 67 year old man lost 50+ pounds over the last 18 months and if I can do it with my sweet tooth and junk food addiction then you can too. Good luck!

You know what Joan, I almost threw a couple flea market finds in the deal (incl. Weber Big Book of Grilling), but changed my mind after leafing through them. There are a lot of good recipes in that Weber Big Book!

The Big Book is referred to as the bible in our household. The binding is failing and the book is falling apart. I may have to have it three-hole punched and put it into a binder. I wonder if it would fit in one of these:
GenesisManualForSale.jpg

The Big Book is referred to as the bible in our household. The binding is failing and the book is falling apart. I may have to have it three-hole punched and put it into a binder. I wonder if it would fit in one of these:
View attachment 7149

Where do you get those?

Also, any recipes in the book you would recommend?

Back