Skirt Steak Tacos, Weber+ Mojoe Griddle

Cam Stone

TVWBB Member
I just shot a video using my Weber Gold in combination with my Mojoe Griddle to make some amazing citrus marinated skirt steak tacos. I would love to get your thoughts- good and bad:

Cam

Interesting griddle, great looking taco, and whats the car under the cover in the background?

I'd be interested in seeing an infrared thermometer reading of the griddle prior to cooking.

Interesting griddle, great looking taco, and whats the car under the cover in the background?

Hi Bob:

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. The car is a 1969 Cougar Convertible, 351 4V. I bought it when I was in college in San Diego way back in 1980. I feel guilty because I haven't been paying it any attention lately!

Cam

I'd be interested in seeing an infrared thermometer reading of the griddle prior to cooking.

Hi Peter:

I don't happen to have an infra-red thermometer- I probably should don't you think? My guess is that the Griddle was at somewhere between 450 and 500 degrees when I started cooking. There are several outdoor chefs on YouTube using the Mojoe Griddle now and one of them, "Smokey Ribs" in Mississippi uses an IR thermometer before every cook on the Mojoe. He has done one cook using a Weber and one using a propane burner and likes having the heat source more centralized so that he gets a nice temperature gradient from the center of the Griddle to the outside edge. I used a heavy, even bed of coals because I wanted the whole griddle to be smokin' hot (I had a lot of skirt steak.)

Here is a Smokey Ribs/Mojoe video where he uses an IR thermometer:

There is a whole series of Mojoe cooking videos available on my YouTube channel at:

www.youtube.com/user/mojoeoutfitters

All of the "Liked" videos on the channel are from YouTube chefs using the Mojoe Griddle.

Cam

Back