Simple Pinwheels

Wil A

TVWBB Fan
Decided to make some pinwheels yesterday. I used outside skirt steak pounded out a bit and then layered it with some pesto, provolone, and prosciutto. I again used the B&B lump. Pretty good stuff. They turned out way better than expected :LOL: and I will for sure do these again…

5E6F1EB9-1EC5-47A0-8AB3-067B2BC57D4E.jpeg

C483BA59-F35F-47A0-94BE-455BD125E869.jpeg

DF198252-A4F5-4EFD-A2BF-4C3AD01C38D4.jpeg

0AFEFC84-44AB-47FD-8EBA-40073BC26214.jpeg

AC74922B-0744-4769-BDD0-6866C2B3B5AC.jpeg

BD700592-AF2D-4A16-80E4-CA079A864541.jpeg

D2F6461E-9D08-4C55-B11D-2CD3FC85F276.jpeg

Looks tasty! We did some at camp last week. I opted to skewer them on the rotisserie.

Wow!!!!! Awesome!!!! Those looks very tasty!!!!

Thanks! These are super, super easy to make. The only “problem” is finding skirt wide enough. Otherwise, the hardest thing in making these is pounding out the thinish strips.

Thanks! These are super, super easy to make. The only “problem” is finding skirt wide enough. Otherwise, the hardest thing in making these is pounding out the thinish strips.
Great looking pinwheels and nice photos! I can see your beer hiding in the background ;)

Curious if you like that Oklahoma Joe chimney? My larger weber chimney is showing some age. I can see how that larger diameter design might be a little better for lump charcoal...

Great looking pinwheels and nice photos! I can see your beer hiding in the background ;)

Curious if you like that Oklahoma Joe chimney? My larger weber chimney is showing some age. I can see how that larger diameter design might be a little better for lump charcoal...
Sharp eye! That’s a Coors Light in the background... :)

As for the chimney, I absolutely LOVE it. So much so that I ordered another (cheapest price I found online was at Walmart - $22.49 - with free next day shipping) because...well, two is one and one is none, right?!?! The lump did “seem” to light faster, but I just really like the wider diameter of the chimney.

Pinwheels looking mighty tasty Will, bet they were a crowd pleaser.
CaseT might be onto something...

Wow!! Looks delicious! How long of cook?
Thanks 🍻
It was ~18 minutes total time from the 4th photo through the 6th photo. I did flip them quite a bit as I wanted the prosciutto to get cooked. Worth the effort.

And speaking of, I used outside skirt for that cook. I just bought some inside skirt to see if the pinwheels would be just as good.

Back