Silver A grease tray needed..

Daubie

TVWBB Member
Happy 4th to all.!!
I am in need of a slide out grease tray for my little blue top Silver A that I'm doing a mild freshen up on. Having some trouble finding one and figured this would be a good place to ask.
Thanks in advance..

Here it is as it is now part way done..IMG_20200702_174713787_HDR.jpgIMG_20200702_174721387_HDR.jpg

First of all, how did you make the gray handles blue?
Second, it looks like you have a grease tray under that grill. Are you talking about that aluminum large pan that slides in directly under the cook box?

Hi Bruce,
Ha ha... Just noticed in the pictures that it still has the painters tape on the handles, which happens to be a very close shade of blue.
Yes the aluminum slide out tray. I have one but it is very heavily corroded with lots of holes from probably never have been cleaned out by the previous owner. The hole in the bottom is also very oversized and won't hold the drip pan clip any longer..
In my research it looks like there may be a newer grill with a steel tray that is the same size, but not sure. If so, that would also work for me because I am not trying to do a 100% correct restoration. I just intend to make a nice looking serviceable grill.
Thanks

I may have one of those. I will check tomorrow. The problem is shipping the darn things.
Check your messages.

I have one as an extra too but I think they're still available online if I'm not mistaken. I have a 2002 with the extra table left side. Like the tape-thought it was paint as well!

Thanks,
The few places I checked online said it was no longer available. I might not know of all the aftermarket places to check. It does sound like one the same size made in steel for a newer grill might work, but I'm not sure as I'm new to this crazy addictive world. 🤪
Yes, it's blue painters tale and didn't even think about that when i posted the in process pictures..

As a side item, I am thinking about painting the end handles gloss black because the previous owner must have used this grill as a paint stand and had heavy black overspray all over the grill. The lid, control panel and the table cleaned up just fine, but the knobs, starter button and end handles did not. I have already painted the knobs and button gloss black and I really like the look, so I might also do the end handles, but not the table. I prepared the plastic well and used a plastic adhesion promoter on the before paint. I have had very good results doing this on car parts for years. My only other thought is if there is a grey paint that matches the original color of the parts, if anyone knows what that might be..

I'll include a couple of pictures here so you can see what I'm up against any any thoughts you guys might have.. Thanks
IMG_20200704_084603373.jpgIMG_20200704_084544054_HDR.jpg

I dont think that is the part in question. I think we are looking for the larger grease tray that fits directly under the cook box.

grill-parts-99251.jpg

A gotcha-misunderstood sorry. Bruce is right-might have to find an old grill and take from that-I had 2 that way. I wish I had the porcelain one but mine is not.

Ereplacmentparts lists them as discontinued as well. I would call Weber directly to verify. But if Grillsparts and ereplacementparts show them as unavailable there might be a good chance that you can no longer buy them. Same for the grease slider pan for the Genesis x000. They are no longer available either.

Ereplacmentparts lists them as discontinued as well. I would call Weber directly to verify. But if Grillsparts and ereplacementparts show them as unavailable there might be a good chance that you can no longer buy them. Same for the grease slider pan for the Genesis x000. They are no longer available either.
Thanks, I give Weber a call to see..

When I checked last Saturday on a Silver A Grease tray, Weber told me they were on backorder and would get some in on Monday. Monday has passed now but you may want to check now to see if they are now available. LMK if you are able to order one.

Back