Shout out to Calphalon Cookware

Jason Godard

TVWBB Pro
I’ve been cooking with my Calphalon tri-ply cookware for at least 15 years, and the glass lids show it. They’ve become hazy, scratched, and discolored, making some of them difficult to see through. I looked for replacement lids on Calphalon‘s website and could not find them. I contacted Calphalon to ask where I could buy replacements and they informed me that I cannot buy them. Instead they asked for pictures of the pans with the model numbers and said they would send replacements at no cost.309D43FF-17FE-4E4C-93A6-4CF507E72BD7.jpeg2E644F31-9C01-475E-801E-48110AF28A95.jpeg

Lots better service than I ever got from them. I had/have a lot of their old line of Commercial (made in USA) anodized aluminum stuff. Proudly displaying on the boxes how it's guaranteed for life blah blah blah. On a number of my pans the anodizing wore off. Anyone who knows me knows my aversion to cooking in bare aluminum. Contact made with the company. "Sure send us the bad one(s) along with original receipt and we'll send new". Who keeps a receipt for 20+ years?! And if you did what are the odds those thermal wisps of paper will survive? I spent at least $1,000 on their cookware and have only a few pieces left to show for it. I put the rest out in recycling bin. No more high end stuff for me unless it's all stainless! And even then......................I go to FleaBay and buy top of the line stuff used at a fraction of the price of original. I have some very nice All-Clad. Drop dead wonderful stuff BTW and paid dept store prices of el cheapo for it.

That's a great deal Jason, glad they came through for you!
Your pan in the bottom pic still looks new.

Now get off Larry's lawn!! :ROFLMAO: J/K
Just simply relating my experiences with the same company. Seems like it always depends on your luck of the draw with CSR's. Who knows maybe had I tried calling back another day and or time? We'll never know as I am moving to all stainless steel and CI and the occasional inexpensive non stick

That’s great Jason! Just remember to stay off us grumpy old coots lawns!😁
To be honest, that’s one company I’ve never had any kind of trouble with. And Larry is right, sometimes you just get a rep that was out way too late the night before and their hangover is now your fault. I have called CSR before when I was absolutely livid with rage and started out by telling them that and that it’s not persona then, when I’m lucky, I get someone that can smooth the whole thing out and the rest of the day goes just great.

I keep trying to come up with an excuse to upgrade to all-clad, but this stuff keeps holding up. If I was starting over, I’d buy all-clad a piece at a time. I still might.

I know. Nice set and it's heavy well made stuff. Not Chinese either IIRC. Made in Brazil. Like some of my other "tools"
Have a set of Costco Kirkland Signature stainless cookware at our beach house. It's got to be 15 years old now. It's very good quality but heavy as hell. I put some of the pots in the dishwasher from time to time. They come out looking like new.

Have a set of Costco Kirkland Signature stainless cookware at our beach house. It's got to be 15 years old now. It's very good quality but heavy as hell. I put some of the pots in the dishwasher from time to time. They come out looking like new.
Barkeeper’s Friend works wonders on stainless steel, unless you want to develop internal seasoning or a patina on the outside, which is A-OK in my book as well. I’ve never needed to season stainless though.

Barkeeper’s Friend works wonders on stainless steel, unless you want to develop internal seasoning or a patina on the outside, which is A-OK in my book as well. I’ve never needed to season stainless though.
Yes. I've used it many times before. It gets the copper portion of the clad bottoms looking like new...the dishwasher does too.

I put mine in the dishwasher all the time. Don’t tempt me with copper, I just convinced myself I don’t need a copper pan, but then again… :unsure:
The copper I refer to on the Costco stainless steel stuff is a plate on the bottom sandwiched between stainless steel. I think they call it 5 ply copper core. Anyway, it's good stuff. Only downside is the lids are all polished stainless...no glass. They do the job but I like glass. Of course I use glass lids from other cookware we have. Overall though, any nonstick cookware we have had, Analon, Cuisinart, Calphalon, Circulon...doesn't matter the brand. The more frequently used pieces wear out in 5-6 years and get tossed. That doesn't happen with stainless.

The copper I refer to on the Costco stainless steel stuff is a plate on the bottom sandwiched between stainless steel. I think they call it 5 ply copper core. Anyway, it's good stuff. Only downside is the lids are all polished stainless...no glass. They do the job but I like glass. Of course I use glass lids from other cookware we have. Overall though, any nonstick cookware we have had, Analon, Cuisinart, Calphalon, Circulon...doesn't matter the brand. The more frequently used pieces wear out in 5-6 years and get tossed. That doesn't happen with stainless.
I like glass lids but never use them in the oven. They claim to be oven safe to 450F but I don’t trust them. That’s where the stainless lids excel. As far as nonstick, I have a cheap aluminum nonstick that I rarely use. I do most of my cooking in stainless, followed by cast irons, some of which are enameled. I’m looking to pick up a Mauviel copper pan lined with stainless.

Back