Shipping Barbeque

Frank S

TVWBB Super Fan
If anyone has any experience with shipping frozen barbecue, I'd appreciate some advice. My son is attending college in NJ and asked me the other day whether I could send him some smoked turkey. I had already been wondering about the possibility of sending him some Q, but now need to kick it into high gear.

I had thought about shrink wrapping and freezing some stuff in Foodsaver bags, then packing the frozen bags in dry ice. However, I have absolutely no experience with dry ice. Is this a plausible idea? What kind of container would I need? Do I need to ship the package 'overnight'? Which shipping company would accept a package like this?

Any insight that you could provide would really be appreciated.

You can ship it to me, I'll check if it went bad
icon_rolleyes.gif
by taste testing, and drive it over to him if everything checks out.
shakehands.gif

Deal???
angel.gif
...trust me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where in Jersey is he going to school? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Salem Community College. Not too far from you. They have the only scientific glassblowing program in the country.

Larry-
Thank you for the link. I had no idea that the information was already there. This forum is amazing.

I checked with the post office a couple of years ago and they will accept shipments that contain dry ice.

Rita

Back